• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

If you want to mostly stick to cities, do trains. There are plenty of overnight trains; and there are plenty of speed trains. And you don't have to worry about parking in the cities which can be a challenge. Plus as people said car rentals are expensive esp. if you need Automatic, and gas is very expensive as well.

If you're more into nature/villages/etc. then obviously you have more freedom with a car. Research your route so that you're not driving through windy mountain roads on the edge of a massive cliff.

Driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK is actually not so bad, took me exactly 5 minutes to re-adjust. You really only have to think about it when you're making turns, and being that it's your first time in a given town you're likely to be paying attention to where you're going regardless.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#22 Szydlowski

Szydlowski

Masmid

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm from Sweden and have travelled a lot in Europe I say train is the way to go.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

#23 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

That's what I hear... but just realize that there is a difference between the trains in Italy and the trains in Germany... with the latter running on time and the former never running on time...

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#24 Szydlowski

Szydlowski

Masmid

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's also cheap to fly with ryan air across europe. Very cheap flights and you go to any place in Europe. www.ryanair.com
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

#25 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

From Xi:

skyscanner.com
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users