• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

I was born in the us, moved to israel as a kid and have been there up till 2 years ago when i moved to europe. My husband is part israeli and my family mainly all live in israel. I visit there as much as i can which is not nearly as often as i would like.
I don't know very much about kibutzim but i imagine every kibutz has their own system on how independent you can be. I suppose you can find out more through google or wiki. I have visited a few different kibutzim but only to stay in their guest houses and i wouldn't be able to tell you anything helpful about them.
What is it you are learning and what are some of your skills? What sort of job do you have in mind?
Another place to possibly look for a job is in a hotel. From my experience most hotel staff aren't jewish. In fact its an advantage in a religious hotel. You wouldn't necessarly need to speak hebrew either.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#62 IllNath

IllNath

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

Oh okay. Any specific reason(s) why you left Israel? (If I may ask) - What I am learning?? Sorry maybe I've misunderstood something, but I can't really see what you mean :) ?
Why is it an advantage not to be jewish in a hotel? :)

- IllNath

#63 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Oh okay. Any specific reason(s) why you left Israel? (If I may ask) - What I am learning?? Sorry maybe I've misunderstood something, but I can't really see what you mean :) ?
Why is it an advantage not to be jewish in a hotel? :)

- IllNath

It's an advantage because of the Sabbath and festivals when Jews aren't permitted to do certain tasks, and non Jews can do them for them.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#64 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

I left israel for a variety of reasons some being family and money.
I thought you said you are still in school, and are also looking for a job so i thought if you give more basic information about your skills and education someone might be able to point you in a helpful direction.
Jewish religious laws can be very strict and having a non jew around is useful to get around to perform tasks that a jew would not be allowed to do.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#65 IllNath

IllNath

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

I left israel for a variety of reasons some being family and money.
I thought you said you are still in school, and are also looking for a job so i thought if you give more basic information about your skills and education someone might be able to point you in a helpful direction.
Jewish religious laws can be very strict and having a non jew around is useful to get around to perform tasks that a jew would not be allowed to do.

Oh okay. What I meant (about my education) was actually just that I'll travel to Israel when I'm done with the high school/college here in Denmark. The reason why I started to talk about jobs is just so I wouldn't spend all my money down there without earning some, and I think it would be quite an experience to work in such a different country as Israel, no specific meaning to it actually :) ! Usually, young graduates from my country visit half the world in their "gap-year" but I don't have that kind of money, so I'll just visit one country (Israel) That's also why I think a kibbutz sounds like a good idea :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: israel, judaism, non-jewish, moving, living

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users