• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

My spiritual relationship with HKB"H is not dependent on visits to a tzaddik's grave.

That may be so for you, but surely different things inspire different people. Perhaps music of some kind inspires you, maybe it's an intense nature setting that rekindles your spark.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#62 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

That may be so for you, but surely different things inspire different people. Perhaps music of some kind inspires you, maybe it's an intense nature setting that rekindles your spark.

No problem. If going to Uman charges your spiritual batteries, fine.

but what if--what if--someone else thinks that they get their spiritual batteries charged by the kabbala center? Ah, says Village--that is sheker. But surely someone's feeling of spiritual uplift is subjective, right?

And I just gotta wonder--all those guys who go to Uman to get their spiritual batteries charged ( description I heard from one of the folks who go each and every year on R"H)--

What about the women? Don't any of them need to get their spiritual batteries charged?

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#63 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

Women go to.Very few by Rosh hashana..I would say maybe 100 at most but there are women's trips all the time and their husbands let them go.Lol.
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#64 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Arent u married?

the vultures are circling

#65 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

I LOVE going by myself. I feel REALLY bad when I'm with others because I see a million things that I want to crawl under, over or around to photograph. And, well, that simply doesn't cut it with many others...
If not for my attempts to be a "good Christian" (i.e. someone who follows what Jesus taught and not what the Pauline Epistles taught), I doubt I'd be an orthodox Jew right now. Shemmy

#66 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

I LOVE going by myself. I feel REALLY bad when I'm with others because I see a million things that I want to crawl under, over or around to photograph. And, well, that simply doesn't cut it with many others...

I could see how that would get annoying.

(Hey!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users