• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

greetings

I want to get all this political stuff out of the way first. I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea of why I ask these questions because I don't want to spoil the sheer metaphysics of this idea. To understand, knowing that civilization is vicious, and the bitter history. Even now, as there are Israelis at odds with Palestinians, some conflict so mind boggling to me that I can only assume it is an invention of the devil, but also to consider how my country is involved over there. All that warfare and grudges and rivalries do ruin worthwhile endevors. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned for peace

something to consider, that civilizations tend to establish trade routes everywhere possible, and they trade knowledge and wisdom right along side of goods and services. Just because there was a time when the Europeans believed the world was flat, that's no reason to assume that everybody else believed likewise

in the Ohio country there is an ancient monument called Serpent Mound (link to wikipedia image). Its age is uncertain, its builders unknown. Recently, I read a book about it describing how its design may have been factored into the development of the ancient Greek alphabet. That may be a stretch of the imagination, as it is a simple effigy of a snake eating an egg. It is rather sophisticated as an astronomical observatory, though. The thing is, if you compare it to the story of Jonah, there are interesting similarities. If those two distinct things be somehow connected, it seems then Jonah relates to places and events on a global scale, not localized to the Middle East

peace

#2 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Did you have a question??? :unsure:
[/flirting]

#3 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

Greek came from Phonecian.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#4 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Did you have a question??? :unsure:

I have many questions, but I have no idea who or what to ask first. Just wondering if there's anybody out there with some ideas about ancient civilizations, but maybe it is a bad idea to be interested.

#5 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I have many questions, but I have no idea who or what to ask first. Just wondering if there's anybody out there with some ideas about ancient civilizations, but maybe it is a bad idea to be interested.

Ask away, as long as it doesn't violate board rules. The general topic is something I'm generally interested in anyways.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#6 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

There were no ancient civilizations. The world was created when Philip K Dick was born. We are all figments of his imagination.

#7 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

There were no ancient civilizations. The world was created when Philip K Dick was born. We are all figments of his imagination.

I don't know who that is, so if that's true, I must say that person has issues.

#8 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

Ask away, as long as it doesn't violate board rules. The general topic is something I'm generally interested in anyways.

For a while, I had much enthusiasm for what I had discovered, like a spirit of adventure. Now I'm just kind of burned out on it having gone over it in my head a million times. Eventually, somebody else will see what I see, even as I'm probably not the first to notice, so it's all good. Give me a few days and then I'll post some in more details.

peace

#9 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

continuing...
I visited the Serpent Mound when I was a kid, but I haven't returned, even though it's only about an hour drive from where I live. I should go back sometime, but it's the kind of place where once is enough, let the next person have their chance, and don't let it get trashed by tourists.

We're taught about Christopher Columbus in school, and how people used to believe the world was flat before he discovered America. I don't agree with that, however. If you look at a bird's-eye-view of the Serpent Mound, and consider the form as you would appreciate any work of fine art, you'll notice the sophistication. For example, as an expression of what we know of as the theory of general relativity, the Serpent Mound predates Albert Einstein by at least 1000 years. Granted, I'm not a physicist, but I trust my own instincts and intuition more than I trust the politically motivated rhetoric of western history and science.

Nevertheless, I'm not here to accuse anyone of anything, nor am I here to exact some kind of proselytism. Sure, I have my faith, but as I mention the scriptures here, it is just to make a simple comparison between the story of Jonah and the Serpent Mound effigy. It has to do with the shape of things, which is fairly neutral to all spiritual beliefs, such as numbers and geometry.

For example, this is Matthew 10:16, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." Well, I'm not concerned with what that means to anyone in their religion, except to point out certain basic facts. Serpents have no legs, they go on the ground or in the water. Doves have wings, they fly through the air. By those facts, Matthew 10:16 may be interpreted as a drawing of the horizon, that is in an esoteric way, what is above and what is below.

Wikipedia has an impressive map of the Serpent Mound, http://en.wikipedia....rpent_Mound.jpg, that may be helpful to visualize the comparison between it and the objects mentioned in the story of Jonah. In the first chapter, Jonah is on a ship. Ideally, a ship has a shape; an ark is an arc. In the second chapter, he is in the belly of a fish, in the water. In the third chapter, he's on the land, traveling to the city of Nineveh. In the last chapter, he is complaining to God about a worm and a gourd.

There aren't enough similarities between the story and the effigy to claim they are identical. That is, one cannot say that the Serpent Mound was build by the ancient Jews, even as one cannot say that the ancient Natives wrote the book of Jonah. Yet, there is enough similarities to question if those two groups were in communication with each other, either sharing common beliefs or witnessing the same events.

The key is the numbers, as it is written: "Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights." From head to tail, to read the coils of the Serpent Mound as a sine wave graph, they goes three full cycles; an evening and a morning, plus an evening and a morning, plus an evening and a morning.

In chapter three: "..Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey. And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." That's a bit more complicated, but in the context of "overthrown", the digits 3, 1 and 4, it's something like a 180° turn, I suppose. But, to make certain, we would need some evidence that the spiral part at the tail end of the effigy mound does indeed represent the infinitesimal Pi.

that's the basic rundown.
peace

#10 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

I agree. I don't believe our official history is correct. There are countless historical anomolies. Likewise much myth and pagan tradition seems very similar all over the world. It seems unlikely that that seperated peoples would come up with nearly identical creation myths and other myths for example. Maybe its just encoded in human DNA. But there are other things...

In South America statues of African people that predate contact with the old world, legends of white men visiting before contact with the old world, vases with pictures of dinosaurs on it etc. In china they found copper plumbing that was preserved and thousands of years before they supposedly had copper or plumbing... anywhere in the world.

The similarity between Egyptian pyramdis and new world ones and so on.

About the serpent mound- natives in the area told legends of white men coming and harvesting copper in the great lakes. Then the people left. During a short time period the Indians had lots of copper items then suddenly (the official story is for no reason) stopped harvesting and using copper. The Indians own history about themselves is totally ignored as myth. The same thing happened with the Vikings. They had documented their discovery of North America in books thousands of years ago which were dismissed as "myth" until they dug up a whole viking village in North America along with coins and such. The same thing happened in Greece. Troy was just a myth, until someone dug it up.

There is so much hubris and fabrication in our official history. I take it all with a grain of salt.

#11 murphy

murphy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

There is so much hubris and fabrication in our official history. I take it all with a grain of salt.

A grain of salt, yes. I am thinking of a hypothesis about the Indian mounds based on the idea of the expansion of the universe. It's like the 'as above so below' concept, you see that in the pyramids, where they line up with those three stars in the constellation Orion. How long does that last? Evenutally, the stars will not match that pattern, and maybe the pyramids will be eroded down to nothing by then, I don't know. But, what if they were made of clay and soil? How much easier would that be to maintain? Also, what modesty is there, like the First Commandment, something simple that does not distract people from their true faith, unlike the glamorous monuments built by god-kings. So, that's where I'm coming from with this, metric tons of salt, not just one grain.

#12 daniel.nazar

daniel.nazar

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

"History is written by the victors." or something like that.

I'm particularly fascinated with ancient Sumeria, Babylon, and Egypt, so if you have some questions pertaining to these, maybe I could lend a hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users