• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Syms files for bankruptcy, will liquidate.
http://www.vosizneia...-for-bankruptcy

:bigcry: Thank you, President Obama. :bigcry:

#2 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Just shopped there last week... :(

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#3 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

Their stuff has been horrible for a long time. I haven't bought there in years.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#4 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

No. They had good stuff you just weren't looking in the right places.

Pinchas is right - micha

#5 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Ditto. I hope they manage to stay in business somehow. I dont get how its Obama's fault tho; businesses come and go, thus is the nature of capitalism.
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#6 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Ditto. I hope they manage to stay in business somehow. I dont get how its Obama's fault tho; businesses come and go, thus is the nature of capitalism.

Well we didn't see it go out of business during Bush, now did we?

Pinchas is right - micha

#7 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

I think when they have the liquidation started, ill buy some shirts and ties and another suit. Really nothing like it around, although there are a few shops here and there that can offer good prices.
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#8 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Not true. I have been working near the Trinity Place Sym's for 13 years. I used to go very often and got tons of great suits and stuff rom them over the years. It's just lately that I've noticed that the quality wasn't good and the clothes weren't nice. Clothes, underwear, purses. etc.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#9 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

I knew there was trouble when they were doing renovations on SYMS to combine it with filene's basement...

Fortunately for us, bankruptcy means little today, except for a liquidation and "back in business" sales!!!
[/flirting]

#10 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Not true. I have been working near the Trinity Place Sym's for 13 years. I used to go very often and got tons of great suits and stuff rom them over the years. It's just lately that I've noticed that the quality wasn't good and the clothes weren't nice. Clothes, underwear, purses. etc.

Well I was in that store 2 weeks ago and we found lots of good stuff so it is true.

Pinchas is right - micha

#11 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

I knew there was trouble when they were doing renovations on SYMS to combine it with filene's basement...

Fortunately for us, bankruptcy means little today, except for a liquidation and "back in business" sales!!!

unless they find a buyer soon, its full liquidation. Sysms will be no more :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users