• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Do you eat it? What toppings do you like with it?
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

I had a friend with a doll we called Farina Dina.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

growing up it was my favorite breakfast, and not a frequent one. i loved it with chocolate syrup or cinnamon and sugar.

nowadays it makes me slightly nauseous, i prefer oat bran. Either cinnamon/nutmeg, or maple syrup.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#4 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

<. <!-- . id="ytplayer" class="EmbeddedVideo" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://youtube.com/embed/U4LbU8w7Th4?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /><. -->>

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#5 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Real men eat grits!!!
[/flirting]

#6 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Real men eat grits!!!

I got that once because 'grits' sounds like 'gris' so I figured they must be the same thing. How wrong I was...

#7 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

only oatmeal for me..
Posted Image

#8 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

I like. With cocoa and sugar and top.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#9 Spiffy

Spiffy

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Farina is my favourite part of staying in the hospital. The babies are cute and all, but the real bonus is the farina.
A Jew without good middos is simply incomplete...

Every age is modern to those that live in it

How do you feel when there's no sun? And how will you be when rain clouds come and pull you down again?

Mmmmm, whatcha say?

#10 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Farina is my favourite part of staying in the hospital. The babies are cute and all, but the real bonus is the farina.

:lol:

#11 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

I got that once because 'grits' sounds like 'gris' so I figured they must be the same thing. How wrong I was...

what's gris? (other than the minimum size of a nega tzaraas, or a stain...)

i like farina with sugar. but i haven't had any since high school
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#12 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

what's gris? (other than the minimum size of a nega tzaraas, or a stain...)

Yiddish for farina.

#13 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Yiddish for farina.

i learn new things each day... thanks!
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#14 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Grits is Southern. I had always thought Farina was Israeli !
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#15 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

What brocha is farina (besides asher yatzar)???
[/flirting]

#16 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

What brocha is farina (besides asher yatzar)???

I'm pretty sure it's mezonos.

-Mark Twain

#17 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#18 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

It's greez.

Yeah cuz u fry it in shmaltz :wub:
[/flirting]

#19 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I add cinnamon to it. And if I'm in a cooking mood and there's no farina, I'll check to see if there's Wheatina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users