• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

How do I dispose of acetominophen w/ codeine liquids, the one prescribed for children?

I've got two big bottles of it.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#2 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

we waste liquid narcotics by pouring them down the drain, witnessed by another RN, and we enter our fingerprints into the narcotic system.

just flush it down the drain.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#3 Arizona

Arizona

Checking IDs

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

"But it's a dry heat."

#4 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I once had a bad cough and the doctor prescribed a cough syrup with codeine. It was very effective. I had some left over and kept it for two years and used it on a future cough, because I find the usual cough syrup worthless, and I can't stop coughing and thus can't sleep.

A few times since then, I was tempted to ask doctors for cough syrup with codeine, but was always afraid they'd think I was a druggie, so I never asked.

#5 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

any pharmacy should take back and dispose of drugs for you.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#6 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

Codeine was once widely available without a prescription, but I don't think that that is the case today (in the US). In Israel, one can still buy aspirin/codeine or acetaminophen/codeine over the counter.

Codeine is a very effective cough suppressant, but, like all the opiates, can cause constipation. Just a little thought for those tempted by the cough-syrup sundaes......

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#7 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Send it my way so I can add it to my narcotics collection!!
Posted Image

#8 Nechama

Nechama

Godol Hador

• Admin
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Your local town may have a drop off center for drugs and various environmentally hazardous waste.
If I have interesting things on the walls, no one will notice how dirty the floors are - right?

#9 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

we waste liquid narcotics by pouring them down the drain, witnessed by another RN, and we enter our fingerprints into the narcotic system.

just flush it down the drain.

Don't they say not to flush drugs because they get into the water system? I always thought you're supposed to mic them with coffee grounds or similar waste and put them in he trash
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#10 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Don't they say not to flush drugs because they get into the water system? I always thought you're supposed to mic them with coffee grounds or similar waste and put them in he trash

This is true.

#11 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

This is true.

So what does one do when the lawyer and the doctor disagree?
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#12 politico

politico

• Banned
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

Ask your LOR.
zinh.

#13 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I dunno, but then our water systems are chock-full of dilaudid and fentanyl.

So what does one do when the lawyer and the doctor disagree?

the nurses ignore both of them and do what they want to do :p

#14 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

I dunno, but then our water systems are chock-full of dilaudid and fentanyl.

Better than codeine.

the nurses ignore both of them and do what they want to do :p

Somehow I have absolutely no trouble believing that to be true.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#15 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Somehow I have absolutely no trouble believing that to be true.

of course, it depends on the nurse.

#16 Cassandra

Cassandra

Phat Girlz

• Members
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

Send it my way so I can add it to my narcotics collection!!

me me!!
"Underworld Plaza...Lingerie Shop...I love the names of these chassidish underwear stores. Why can't they just call it Fancy Panties?!" ~Bitter

"The rule of thumb in MO circles is nothing more than a threesome. We have standards, you know. We're not completely frei." ~Melech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users