#1 Zicher

Zicher

Hocker

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

http://shulywigs.com/innerindex.php
https://www.facebook...gs/109102220849
Please tell me how anyone can consider this as promoting tznius.

#2 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

Who said anything about tznius?

#3 Arizona

Arizona

Checking IDs

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

"But it's a dry heat."

#4 little miss trouble

little miss trouble

Gabbai

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

Who said wigs are about tznius?

#5 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Do I call what tznius? Professional models making wigs look good in order to entice women to buy them?

#6 Guest_Indigo_*

Guest_Indigo_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

#7 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Shuly has made an extensive effort to market her wigs to the fashion industry in addition to the frum community. There is no requirement for her to "promote tznius" while selling her product, and such an approach would almost certainly alienate her non-jewish clientele.

#8 Bet Chesed

Bet Chesed

Gabbai

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

You mean the faces? Because it is not appropriate to see women's faces as per the new OPS directives?

Or the wigs? Those are obviously Shalom Bayis Wigs. Like Shalom Bayis Lingerie. Meant to be worn only in the bedroom on mikvah night. With the lights out in complete darkness.

(null)

lol
Blessed be all

#9 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Its marketed to women. Why should it have to be tziniut? Women can see basically whatever they want.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#10 Guest_Indigo_*

Guest_Indigo_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

#11 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Its marketed to women. Why should it have to be tziniut? Women can see basically whatever they want.

If men lust with their eyes while women lust with their ears, then shouldn't romance novels be prohibited for women? You know, the ones with half naked muscular men on their covers.

#12 Arizona

Arizona

Checking IDs

• Members
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

"But it's a dry heat."

#13 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

You mean the faces? Because it is not appropriate to see women's faces as per the new OPS directives?

Or the wigs? Those are obviously Shalom Bayis Wigs. Like Shalom Bayis Lingerie. Meant to be worn only in the bedroom on mikvah night. With the lights out in complete darkness.

(null)

:huh2: :huh2:

If men lust with their eyes while women lust with their ears, then shouldn't romance novels be prohibited for women? You know, the ones with half naked muscular men on their covers.

Women lust with their shopping
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#14 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Well we are not prohibited to do what reading erotica might lead to...

#15 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

Well we are not prohibited to do what reading erotica might lead to...

The reason men are not allowed to look at untznius images is because of hirhurim (licentious thoughts), and not necessarily that it might lead to masturbation. The same should apply to women reading erotica - if it puts licentious thoughts into their heads.

#16 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

:huh2: :huh2:

I'm sure you have a Chosson Teacher for these kinds of things, but don't worry too much about it. As long as the sheet is opaque, you can have some light....
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#17 Nooch

Nooch

Dark Lord of The Sith

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

The reason men are not allowed to look at untznius images is because of hirhurim (licentious thoughts), and not necessarily that it might lead to masturbation.

Wrong. Hirhurim and other things are prohibited so that there is no zera levatalah. Be it automatic or manual.

The same should apply to women reading erotica - if it puts licentious thoughts into their heads.

There is no practical halachic reason this is assur. Other than giving the woman thoughts of infidelity etc.

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"
--------------
"You underestimate the power of the dark side!"-Lord Vader
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"-Lord Vader
To the Mods: "Dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."-Lord Vader

#18 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Wrong. Hirhurim and other things are prohibited so that there is no zera levatalah. Be it automatic or manual.

So if you know you will definitely not have zera levatala, are you allowed to have hirhurim then? I don't think so.

#19 Nooch

Nooch

Dark Lord of The Sith

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

So if you know you will definitely not have zera levatala, are you allowed to have hirhurim then? I don't think so.

How would you know this?

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"
--------------
"You underestimate the power of the dark side!"-Lord Vader
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"-Lord Vader
To the Mods: "Dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."-Lord Vader

#20 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'm sure you have a Chosson Teacher for these kinds of things, but don't worry too much about it. As long as the sheet is opaque, you can have some light....

i was planning on using H.com as a chosson teacher....
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users