45 replies to this topic

#41 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Say'ar b'isha erva.

And sheitelach fulfil the requirement of COVERING the hair, but tznyus is another issue entirely....
[/flirting]

#42 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

And sheitelach fulfil the requirement of COVERING the hair, but tznyus is another issue entirely....

I don't understand what you're saying. Tznius is about covering erva. So a sheitel is about tznius just as much as a skirt is.

#43 Nooch

Nooch

Dark Lord of The Sith

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I don't understand what you're saying. Tznius is about covering erva. So a sheitel is about tznius just as much as a skirt is.

...and its so much more than that.

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"
--------------
"You underestimate the power of the dark side!"-Lord Vader
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"-Lord Vader
To the Mods: "Dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."-Lord Vader

#44 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

And someone who wears a stocking thin skin tight nude colored body suit is also completely covered, but very far from tznyus...

And just like skirts can be tznyus or slutty, so can sheitelach...
[/flirting]

#45 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

And someone who wears a stocking thin skin tight nude colored body suit is also completely covered, but very far from tznyus...

Even in the area lower than the knee that doesn't really really have to be covered at all?
Posted Image

#46 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

And just like skirts can be tznyus or slutty, so can sheitelach...

So? The point is that people (including yourself) were asking, "what do sheitels have to do with tznius" and the answer is that of course sheitels have what to do with tznius. And just like a skirt can be tzniusdik or not tzniusdik, so can a sheitel. But to me, the OP's point is entirely unclear. The pictures on the website are obviously advertising, and I believe as Shuli pointed out, meant to appeal to Jews and non-Jews alike so it's less heimish-looking than ads that are aimed only at frum women.

If he wants to talk about whether certain length/style sheitels are truly tznius or not, let him make that clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users