• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

I am looking to go away for a few days, likely on my own or maybe with my mother. I have heard Prague is beautiful (looking at going around April/May ish). Has anyone been? Is it good for 3-4 days from Israel or do you need longer? We are not looking to rent a car as neither of us drive- is it doable by taxi? Will two women alone be robbed blind?

Looking for any information anyone might have- personal experience or recentish secondary.

Thanks.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#2 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Will two women alone be robbed blind?

no, but you may be spat at. oh, wait, no, the chareidim were mostly cleaned out of there. scratch that. :p
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#3 Bet Chesed

Bet Chesed

Gabbai

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

I have a non-frum friend that has lived there for the past 7 years and she really likes it. I don't think you need to worry about being robbed so much. They have very good public transportation: http://www.lonelypla...ng-there-around
Blessed be all

#4 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

I was there for like 24 hours but did a lot.There r lots of pickpockets.There's a womens Mikvah but no Mens Mikvah.there is good kosher food.The trains are awesome.Very Romantic City.Everything is very walking distance to eachother.
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#5 Szydlowski

Szydlowski

Masmid

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I've been there twice once for four days and once for 24 hours! It's a great city, much to see. You have the alter noye shul where Maharal davened, lots of kosher food and hotels. They have a beautiful bridge with various statues on it. The cathedral is amazing. You have the kafka street.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

#6 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

I really want to go one day... there are usually some good deals from israel... maybe we'll go for a weekend...

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users