• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Throw out?!?!?! I would at the least cut it up and add it to a salad. Or slice thinly and make a sandwich.

I totally wasn't thinking that.

#22 LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Huh?

• Members
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

I wish that you would have come. I had like 3/4 of a steak left over that I had to throw out. :(

Before you throw anything out, always check if the J's want it ;). A different neighbor did that last week and we were away so couldnt take it but another time we would have!
God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

#23 Elana

Elana

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

you could have auctioned it off on h.com!!!

#24 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just go through her garbage. One hour rule!
Posted Image

#25 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just go through her garbage. One hour rule!

Nah, it's been like 3 1/2 hours. Sorry guys.

#26 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

I wish that you would have come. I had like 3/4 of a steak left over that I had to throw out. :(

Why would you throw it out? doesn't anyone in your family take a lunch?
And what kind of wine?

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#27 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

And what kind of wine?

I'm disappointed. I saw your name here and was expecting an exotic menu...
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#28 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

And what kind of wine?

I guess I wasn't thinking that freshly broiled steak would be good cut up into pieces and served another night.

It was a Weinstock Cellar Select, Mendocino Country, Alicante Bouschet, 2010. It's from our quarterly shipment from Herzog Wine Club. This one was one of the cheaper ones we got, we're waiting for something special to open the $120 bottle.

#29 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

I guess I wasn't thinking that freshly broiled steak would be good cut up into pieces and served another night.

It was a Weinstock Cellar Select, Mendocino Country, Alicante Bouschet, 2010. It's from our quarterly shipment from Herzog Wine Club. This one was one of the cheaper ones we got, we're waiting for something special to open the $120 bottle.

K fine, I'll come for Shabbos...
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#30 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

K fine, I'll come for Shabbos...

If I knew that's all it took... (An offer of a poker tournament wasn't enough?)

#31 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Which is the $120 bottle?
Is it one of the Herzog Napa or Alexander or Chalk valley selections? those are the best Herzog wines that I have had, and I actually have several bottles here and a case in the US--some going back to the mid 1990s.

I'm disappointed. I saw your name here and was expecting an exotic menu...

On a weekday? We have exotic leftovers sometimes.....

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#32 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Which is the $120 bottle?
Is it one of the Herzog Napa or Alexander or Chalk valley selections? those are the best Herzog wines that I have had, and I actually have several bottles here and a case in the US--some going back to the mid 1990s.

Yep, it's a Herzog Cab, Chalk Hill, Clone # Six Edition, 2008.

If you're a wine and foodie, you wouldn't believe how we lucked out in LA. We stayed with my uncle (Herzog) this past Succos, and he opened two different Herzog Cabernets from the 1990's. I think one was a '94 and one was a '93. Both were worth over a thousand $ a bottle. It was amazing. Add that to food from Tierra Sur, it was indescribable. If you've never been to Tierra Sur in the Herzog Winery, you are missing something from your life. If you're going to be there in the next few years, let me know, and we'll hook you up.

#33 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

I totally wasn't thinking that.

don't feel bad. agent also snips off the clean parts of napkins and puts it away for future use...
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#34 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

don't feel bad. agent also snips off the clean parts of napkins and puts it away for future use...

I do, because it really was wasteful. I just wasn't thinking of making a sandwich or something the next day. Gotta remember for next time. Haven't had a steak sandwich in forever.

#35 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yep, it's a Herzog Cab, Chalk Hill, Clone # Six Edition, 2008.

If you're a wine and foodie, you wouldn't believe how we lucked out in LA. We stayed with my uncle (Herzog) this past Succos, and he opened two different Herzog Cabernets from the 1990's. I think one was a '94 and one was a '93. Both were worth over a thousand $ a bottle. It was amazing. Add that to food from Tierra Sur, it was indescribable. If you've never been to Tierra Sur in the Herzog Winery, you are missing something from your life. If you're going to be there in the next few years, let me know, and we'll hook you up.

I'll take you up on that.
I had no idea that those wines were worth that much. As I posted, I have several bottles from various years. I'm pretty sure that I have a couple each of '93 and '94 Herzog Napas. I had splurged on them at the time, and I'm pretty sure that I paid between 30-50 a bottle. i had no idea that i was such a good investor. wonder what my whisky is worth.

Cloth napkins?!?

:o

#36 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

I had no idea that those wines were worth that much. As I posted, I have several bottles from various years. I'm pretty sure that I have a couple each of '93 and '94 Herzog Napas. I had splurged on them at the time, and I'm pretty sure that I paid between 30-50 a bottle. i had no idea that i was such a good investor. wonder what my whisky is worth.

Every bottle is different. I think the thousand dollar ones that we had were Alexander Valley, Special Reserve. Not sure how much yours are worth.

#37 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Cloth napkins?!?

:o

agent?? never!

I was only messing with her anyway :p
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#38 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Every bottle is different. I think the thousand dollar ones that we had were Alexander Valley, Special Reserve. Not sure how much yours are worth.

All of the bottles that I have are that special reserve series. I have some Alexander Valley form the same years as well. In general, the Napa were a bit better (to my taste) --which is why I assumed that those were the ones.

Maybe I should spend a little time looking at current pricing on the web. Of course, I used to have a database of the bottles in the US, but I have no idea of where that is now. I'll have to look next time I am there.

#39 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Why don't you take another leap and decide I use cloth napkins? :)

(If we'd be eating steak, maybe I would open those that we got as a wedding gift...)

agent?? never!

I was only messing with her anyway :p

Starwolf beat me to it :p
When you try to make a statement, all you're really doing is raising questions.

#40 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

food from Tierra Sur,

Omg :wub: :dreaming:

You're related to herzog? Thats so cool. Actually i've been trying to get a wine priced but haven't found someone who can do it. I think its from 95. Maybe you know someone who can help me.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users