greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

I think its from 95.

Nope. '89 cabarne sou reserve. Barkan.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#42 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

You're related to herzog? Thats so cool. Actually i've been trying to get a wine priced but haven't found someone who can do it. I think its from 95. Maybe you know someone who can help me.

Yep, my husband's family. I'll ask our uncle about this wine.

#43 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yep, my husband's family. I'll ask our uncle about this wine.

Nice :). Thanks. We called a few places and only got through to receptionists who didn't really know what we were talking about.

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#44 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

If you don't get an answer form CS, let me know, and I'll ask my wine supplier. He has a side business buying rare (Israeli) wines from private holders and reselling them. Maybe he will know. Alternatively, the Barkan winery is right down the road........

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#45 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

If you don't get an answer form CS, let me know, and I'll ask my wine supplier. He has a side business buying rare (Israeli) wines from private holders and reselling them. Maybe he will know. Alternatively, the Barkan winery is right down the road........

I wouldn't mind a second opinion in any case, if its not a bother for you.

#46 jewess

jewess

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Cs- it's funny- I opened up a bottle this past shabbos and my brother was over and yelled at me after why I opened a $120 bottle for non wine connoisseurs. I had no idea and just took from one of the cases in my parents basement.
Everyone admitted the wine tasted better after we knew how expensive the bottle was!

#47 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cs- it's funny- I opened up a bottle this past shabbos and my brother was over and yelled at me after why I opened a $120 bottle for non wine connoisseurs. I had no idea and just took from one of the cases in my parents basement.
Everyone admitted the wine tasted better after we knew how expensive the bottle was!

Ya, I totally hear that.

If you blindfolded 90% of people and gave them a $120 bottle and a $20 bottle of wine, I don't think they'll know the difference. But if you tell them what it costs, they'll ooh and aah for hours. (Myself included.) :)

#48 jewess

jewess

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

It was a 2001 Herzog cab special edition warnecke vineyard chalk hill. Have you had that wine?

#49 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

It was a 2001 Herzog cab special edition warnecke vineyard chalk hill. Have you had that wine?

Was this directed at me? I've only gotten into wine in the last 5 years or so, so I don't really keep track of the ones I've had.

#50 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

bump.

did you have a chance to ask about this? or alternatively can you get me in touch with him?

thanks.

#51 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

A couple of soups. Maybe Potato/leek, summer squash, vegetable.
Pasta and sauce
Maybe sweet & sour chicken or orange chicken
leftover chicken & rice in a pot
That's how this week is shaping out.
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

#52 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

bump.

did you have a chance to ask about this? or alternatively can you get me in touch with him?

thanks.

Forgot about this until I saw your bump. I just asked again for you. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

#53 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

bump.

thanks.

Just asked about it. Was told 23 years is over the hill for that wine and it's not worth much. Sorry. :(

#54 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

where are the weekly menus? I just see chatting...
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

#55 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Just asked about it. Was told 23 years is over the hill for that wine and it's not worth much. Sorry. :(

thanks so much for checking.

maybe well open and taste it then :)

where are the weekly menus? I just see chatting...

thats what happens. sometimes we go off topic... i dont make weekly menus. i just kinda throw whatever im in the mood for into one pot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users