#21 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

I do not know what CBT is,

Cognitive-behavioral therapy.

but a sleep study seems pointless as I know why I am up and it is a very well documented part of drug withdrawal in this case.

If it's truly just a symptom of withdrawal then there's nothing that can be done except to ride it out. But since you're saying that you're wide awake the moment your head hits the pillow sounds to me like you're stressed/anxious and that's a contributing factor.

#22 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Like I said, it is a well document side effect. It sucks, but it is what it is. Unfortunatly, it is a side effect known to linger for months after the others are long gone (most of the others are already pretty much gone 10 days later). I am just doing as much as I can to deal with it and not kill anyone living under my roof (aor locally- last night I finally fell asleep and then a really loud truck made a delivery to the makolet next to us followed by some idiots car alarm going going for for a half hour. I would not refer to him as some idiot if it were a once off thing, but this alarm sounds almost every freaking night.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#23 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Like I said, it is a well document side effect. It sucks, but it is what it is. Unfortunatly, it is a side effect known to linger for months after the others are long gone (most of the others are already pretty much gone 10 days later). I am just doing as much as I can to deal with it and not kill anyone living under my roof (aor locally- last night I finally fell asleep and then a really loud truck made a delivery to the makolet next to us followed by some idiots car alarm going going for for a half hour. I would not refer to him as some idiot if it were a once off thing, but this alarm sounds almost every freaking night.

I don't have any insomnia advice to offer. As for the car alarm, spray paint a picture of a nekkid woman on his car. the next time he drives through RBSB, that problem will be taken care of.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#24 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't have any insomnia advice to offer. As for the car alarm, spray paint a picture of a nekkid woman on his car. the next time he drives through RBSB, that problem will be taken care of.

:lol:
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#25 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:52 PM

:)
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.

Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box

#26 Bet Chesed

Bet Chesed

Gabbai

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Most importantly, don't forget to ask HaShem to help you sleep
Blessed be all

#27 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

NBL.

He and I are not exactly on speaking terms as of late.

#28 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. It sounds horrible. I hope that the problem resolves itself soon.

#29 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thank you. Thankfully life has gotten a lot more bearable as of late, but there is a reason I identified as orthoprax in the other thread :)

#30 Guest_halevy_*

Guest_halevy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

---

#31 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Thanks. I have actually found that I sleep best in a comfy chair in the living room so there is definitely something to your theory!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users