Protecting Assetts from the Banks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

The central bank basically prints money out of thin air then loans it to governments with interest. Eventually the interest can't be paid back and there is a financial crisis. It's pretty easy for the bank to forgive debt, not lend with interest etc. but they don't seem to do much of this.

Case in point: Greece. The central bank printed money from thin air and lent it to Greece. Meanwhile private investors had to earn their money to by bonds. Yet the private investors are expected to take a 50% or more loss while the central bank will not take any loss at this point (even though technically it could write off all the debt and it didn't cost them any real sweat and blood).

Even if you don't invest directly in a government which will eventually default (or inflate away profits) the national economy will go sour at this time and cause falling home and business values and reduced cash revenues. At the end of the day the bank has magickally pulled fiat currency out of thin air and eventually cashes in that check in the form of gobbling up people's real life savings (taking their home, car, business, job etc.).

What can one possibly invest in that could not be stolen by the central bank at some point? What can an individual possibly do?

Furthermore how can a bank destroy a country? The bank doesn't have an army. Example: Federal Reserve calls in massive debt from the U.S. The U.S. in turn doesn't have it. Fed forecloses on the white house. Couldn't the US just not pay it and print its own bills? It really seems to be a scam to enrich the few.

It seems as a private citizen eventually one day the government will come with guns and kick you out of your home. It will all be too complex for the average citizen to understand so it will sort of look legitimite on the surface but people know that it isn't.

So how is this different from Communist China?

In reverse let's imagine you had a home in your family for 500 years. The Fed prints up massive money which makes your home value go up to ten times its true value. Taxes go up so that the taxes on the house amount to more than you paid for it. Again you lose your asset even in a boom period. You might be able to sell it for a lot of cash which in the end is worthless because you can either buy a soon to depriciate smaller home or save it and have it inflate away. It would be difficult to get the full percieved utility out of this cash.

There are some mitigating laws in place- for example limits on how much your property tax can increase in a given year etc. But I wonder what are viable long term investment strategies that could weather such storms?

#2 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Central banking sucks, no doubt about it, and security against inflation is putting your money into tangible assets.

A lot of the liberty folk are doing silver, but anything else could work, I guess.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#3 Garden Dmpls

Garden Dmpls

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

I love when people refer to the government as if it was a live individual. In this country, the government is us, through who we elect, and the Federal Reserve is not a privately owned bank. It was created by congress in 1913 in response to widespread withdrawals in reaction to financial panics, especially one in 1907. See http://www.federalre...pf_1.pdf#page=4 for a description of what it is and what it does.

#4 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

I love when people refer to the government as if it was a live individual. In this country, the government is us, through who we elect, and the Federal Reserve is not a privately owned bank. It was created by congress in 1913 in response to widespread withdrawals in reaction to financial panics, especially one in 1907. See http://www.federalre...pf_1.pdf#page=4 for a description of what it is and what it does.

I didn't elect anyone from before I was born.

#5 Garden Dmpls

Garden Dmpls

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Even so, you can always join together with others of like mind and change things. But first, I would do research with legitimate sources and figure out what as really going on. (And Protocols of the Elders of Zion and similar writings are definitely not legitimate).

#6 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Even so, you can always join together with others of like mind and change things. But first, I would do research with legitimate sources and figure out what as really going on. (And Protocols of the Elders of Zion and similar writings are definitely not legitimate).

Why should I have to join with anyone to do anything? I didn't agree to support everyone on social security, so I have no obligation to pay it. I don't like the current parties, so I have nothing to do with them. I don't care for a lot of taxes, so I don't pay them.

You telling me that ten wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner makes the decision somehow legitimate?

#7 repsolwc

repsolwc

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Most people have no idea about sound money and the central banking system, how it creates money out of thin air and enslaves a population. And its not about to change either. It takes the collapse of a currency to get people to wake up, but even then most people are still not interested in sound money. Politicians will just create a new currency like in Israel in 1984 I think, changing the "Israeli Shekel" to "New Israeli Shekel" and people will fall for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users