• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

looking for good kosher soup recipes. can be meat, parveh or dairy. In israel so using available ingredients please.
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

soup season is over, dude. you missed it.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Kosher soup?

All of them are, unless they mix milk and meat. In which case, you substitute an ingredient.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#4 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

Neither one of those posts were helpful. Write back with some soup recipes. BTW it is still cooler 40s at night here in the north so soup works well.
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

#5 mellifera

mellifera

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Cube about a pound of chicken thighs. Brown in olive oil. Set aside. chop an onion and a couple of carrots. Soften in a bit more olive oil. Add 1 t ground ginger, 2 t ground cinnamon, 1 t tumeric, 1 t black pepper, about a t salt. Add back the chick, 4 cups of chicken stock, and a big can of tomatos (3 cups). Add half a cup of dried lentils and half a cup of soaked chickpeas (or add canned chickpeas at the end, but fresh are better). Simmer for about an hour, until lentils and chickpeas are done. Add salt to taste. Top each bowl with cilantro and a squirt of lemon juice.

You can make it vegetarian without the chicken, subbing vegetable stock if you like. Or sub lamb for chicken pieces. You can use more ginger and cinnamon and black pepper, if you like it spicier.

#6 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I read something old but didn't save it - can of chickpeas and equal amount of water. Let cook about 15 minutes; mashing some of the chickpeas, and adding rosermary. I forget what else they added.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soup, kosher, vegetables, dinner, israel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)