10 replies to this topic

#1 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Latest chumra for Parshas Zachor & Megila

"These are for the benefit of the public - it is proper to clean one's ears prior to hearing Parshos Zachor"

Posted Image

#2 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Learn how to take a joke.

#3 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Learn how to take a joke.

It's not a joke.

#4 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

It's not a joke.

Oh, please. What makes you think it's not a joke? It looks like one to me.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#5 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Oh, please. What makes you think it's not a joke? It looks like one to me.

Seems like most people don't think it is, including the person who posted it.

http://daattorah.blo...ml#comment-form

#6 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

This reminds me of the time when I posted about a missing sense of humor on the Hashaves Aveida board in yeshiva...
[/flirting]

#7 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

The chumras will stop universally when moshiach comes. Individuals can stop them by using their brains to know when zealots go too far.
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

#8 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

The chumras will stop universally when moshiach comes. Individuals can stop them by using their brains to know when zealots go too far.

this assumes that said individuals have brains. i daresay many of these individuals do not
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#9 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Seems like most people don't think it is, including the person who posted it.

http://daattorah.blo...ml#comment-form

Where do you see that most people don't think it's a joke? It seems to me that most of the commenters assumed it was a joke, despite the poster's assertion - backed up by nothing, I might add, and even questioned by one commenter - that it wasn't.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#10 TagMahir

TagMahir

Hocker

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

When you cease them.

#11 Szydlowski

Szydlowski

Masmid

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

When all jews start to eat pork and mechalel shabbes just 10% left...
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users