Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#2 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

I know its common thing among newlywed men to get mono within a few months of getting married or having a baby. Yeah I know men don't have the baby. But all the work, running around, stress, etc - tires you out.

3 friends of mine all got mono within a short time of getting hitched and they couldn't do a thing for 6 months. I say rest it all out and don't exert yourself.

Drink lots of water.
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#3 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Poor thing! I would assume rest and liquids - as any other sickness needs.

#4 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Oh no! Refua shleima.

#5 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Make sure that your wife is on birth control. No need to have two people kvetching for six months. Do nothing whenever possible. Watch a lot of funny movies.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#6 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Don't dwell over her. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Just remember to get back in the game.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#7 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

I know its common thing among newlywed men to get mono within a few months of getting married or having a baby. Yeah I know men don't have the baby. But all the work, running around, stress, etc - tires you out.

3 friends of mine all got mono within a short time of getting hitched and they couldn't do a thing for 6 months. I say rest it all out and don't exert yourself.

Drink lots of water.

Okay...so two things. First, I hear a lot of people in the yeshivish world say things like this... get sleep or you might get mono.

Let's explain something. Not getting enough sleep HAS NOTHING to do with getting or not getting mono. Mono is a disease that is caused by a virus infection (either EBV or CMV). You get the virus you get mono - you don't get the virus you don't get mono.

Second, it makes good sense why frum people get mono soon after they are married. Namely these viruses spread best by kissing. Once you have EBV for example you have it for your whole life (like 90% of people have or will have it) and although it's not contegious all the time it turns on and off - but the key is it's only spread by kissing... so in the non-frum world people might get it when they are younger while frum people get it after they get married...

Pinchas is right - micha

#8 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

Not true, KR got EBV without kissing anyone... It is a MAJOR method of spreading, but any saliva contact (like sharing cups/straws etc.) can spread it...
[/flirting]

#9 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

I guess that's another reason not to eat stuff picked out from the garbage...

Pinchas is right - micha

#10 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Second, it makes good sense why frum people get mono soon after they are married. Namely these viruses spread best by kissing. Once you have EBV for example you have it for your whole life (like 90% of people have or will have it) and although it's not contegious all the time it turns on and off - but the key is it's only spread by kissing... so in the non-frum world people might get it when they are younger while frum people get it after they get married...

Using this logic, it only makes sense if one partner was shomer negiah and the other wasn't. If they were both shomer negiah, who did they get mono from?

#11 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Using this logic, it only makes sense if one partner was shomer negiah and the other wasn't. If they were both shomer negiah, who did they get mono from?

zOMG!!!!! :o
[/flirting]

#12 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Sometimes you get it from sharing a drinking straw as a little kid... but as a little kid when you get mono it's just like a regular fever for a day or two so many frum people had mono as kids and didn't even know it. My mom was of course very careful that we knew to stay away from germs everywhere... other mom's - not so much!

Pinchas is right - micha

#13 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I think I'm over it. DW's mother got me some secret herb that works like magic... been back at work since Sunday...

Pinchas is right - micha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users