• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Orach Chaim 240:13 (apologies if it's inaccurate, I don't have a Sefer right now) a guest may not engage in relations, but if a room was set aside exclusively for him and his wife it is permitted, as long as he is not sleeping on the host's cloak.

*and that they won't hear/realize.
כלל זה יהא נקוט בידך: מי שאינו רואה את המקום [=ה'] בכל מקום, אינו רואה בשום מקום
איפה נמצא אלוקים? בכל מקום שנותנים לו להיכנס
-Kotzker

נישט אלעס וואס מען טראכט דארף מען זאגען, נישט אלעס וואס מען זאגט דארף מען שרייבען, נישט אלעס וואס מען שרייבט דארף מען דרוקען און נישט אלעס וואס מען דרוקט דארף מען ליינען!
-R' Salanter

יש בן חורין שרוחו רוח של עבד, ויש עבד שרוחו מלאה חירות; הנאמן לעצמיותו בן חורין הוא, ומי שכל חייו הם רק במה שטוב ויפה בעיני אחרים הוא עבד
-R' Kook

#22 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

um. did you ever consider the fact that there is a difference beteen bein adam lamakom and bein adam lachaveiro? the idea behind not using someone else's linens being that you want to avoid soiling them out of courtesy?

so you bring your own pillow cases so as to avoid drooling on the host's?

Orach Chaim 240:13 (apologies if it's inaccurate, I don't have a Sefer right now) a guest may not engage in relations, but if a room was set aside exclusively for him and his wife it is permitted, as long as he is not sleeping on the host's cloak.

"cloak"?

Do you really think people should not be intimate in other's homes? Is this considered the socially proper thing to do (in the secular world)?

Remember mikveh night basically = sex so its not such an option to just 'not have relations' if you are elsewhere and go to the mikveh.

so do frum people bring their own linens when they travel?
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#23 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

"cloak"?

so do frum people bring their own linens when they travel?

My translation of tallis, but you get the drift.

They often bring towels or similar things...
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#24 Shoshi

Shoshi

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

so you bring your own pillow cases so as to avoid drooling on the host's?

Can you really compare the two?

#25 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

My translation of tallis, but you get the drift.

Right. I agree that people shouldn't have sex on the host's tallis.

so that they can have sex on them?!?!

~My Blog~

#26 Pure Myrrh

Pure Myrrh

Newbie Emeritus

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Rav Dovid Cohen paskened that you can postpone leil tevilah if it comes out on an awkward night, such as the leil haseder. Has anyone else gotten a similar psak?

"On all other nights, we don't dip even once; but this night, two three times."
Do you love the IRS? If so please do NOT support the FairTax proposal!

#27 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

wow, you people are mad funny.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#28 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

so that they can have sex on them?!?!

Yes. What's so crazy about that?
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#29 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes. What's so crazy about that?

Amazing.

~My Blog~

#30 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

"On all other nights, we don't dip even once; but this night, two three times."

Awesome! :biggrin:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users