Photo

Russian (Jewish) people look retarded often?

or is it just me?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Shkedei Marak

Shkedei Marak

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

What? :huh:
"Then you will begin to seek YHVH your God, and if you pursue Him with all your heart and soul, you will eventually find Him." (Deuteronomy, 4:29)

"No One has every become poor by giving"
~Anne Frank

#22 shrigala

shrigala

Gabbai

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

It seems like Southern Europe, France and Slavs just want to sit around all day drinking wine or vodka and have no worries about their own well being. Whether they are rich and successful or living in total poverty it doesn't matter. They have little motivation to better themselves or their enviornment.

Wow. I didn't expect such a praise of Germanic superiority on Hashkafah (but then, I haven't been here for a while).

A couple of random things

Part of it is communist/general historic legacy. There was little room for betterment/upward mobility/entrepreneurship in Czarist Russia or USSR so people developed a fatalistic outlook. They may seem to lack ambition, but I don't think it's laziness. My impression from observing people in my (Polish) community who reached adulthood during communist era is that they can work very hard, but they find it difficult to switch careers, establish their own career-paths, sell their skills, etc. They didn't have to learn those behaviors and they may not quite understand their importance in North America.

However, "Southern Europe, France and Slavs" are a very heterogeneous group of people and I don't understand how you can generalize about all of them. For all their shortcomings, France or Northern Italy have usually been wealthy and industrious places. Slavs differ in religion, geography, historical influences etc. I don't see how you can comment on Czechs or Slovenians based on what you think about Russians.

Besides, I would like to see some stats. For example, I read (though I haven't verified) that according to census data, Polish-Americans are doing quite well in terms of education and incomes. Stats also show that Germans are among nations who work the least in Europe.

And finally, Anglo-Saxon feeling of superiority towards Slavs or Southern Europeans is not new, but in the past those stereotypes also included Jews.

#23 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

This is the most racist @&$? I've ever seen and is embarrasing for Jews/this forum.

#24 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

This is the most racist @&$? I've ever seen and is embarrasing for Jews/this forum.

#25 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Honestly, why isn't the thread deleted and the original poster banned? j?

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#26 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

I don't know why I'm feeding into this, but... I find that a certain shade of light blue eyes gives a stupid, blank, look...
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users