6 replies to this topic

#1 Zicher

Zicher

Hocker

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Some issues eating at work on Chol Hamoed Pesach:
  • I generally eat at my desk. Should I cover the area of my desk where I will be eating with tin foil?
  • I generally type and use my mouse while eating. Should I not type or use the mouse while I eat?
  • There is a stack of clean cups next to the Keurig coffee machine. May I take a cup and fill it with water from the tap?

#2 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Some issues eating at work on Chol Hamoed Pesach:

• I generally eat at my desk. Should I cover the area of my desk where I will be eating with tin foil?
  • I generally type and use my mouse while eating. Should I not type or use the mouse while I eat?
  • There is a stack of clean cups next to the Keurig coffee machine. May I take a cup and fill it with water from the tap?

Interesting.
1. I'm assuming this is a wooden desk. You don't have to foil the table, just make sure the food doesn't come in contact with the desk.
2. Hmm. I'd assume to be machmir and not touch while eating. More the mouse then then keyboard.
3. Why not? You're asking because they may have been stacked at the same time coffee was made? Or that a coffee-maker with coffee on his hands touched the cup? I'd say you're fine and can drink from any cup. Just check to see if its clean.
כלל זה יהא נקוט בידך: מי שאינו רואה את המקום [=ה'] בכל מקום, אינו רואה בשום מקום
איפה נמצא אלוקים? בכל מקום שנותנים לו להיכנס
-Kotzker

נישט אלעס וואס מען טראכט דארף מען זאגען, נישט אלעס וואס מען זאגט דארף מען שרייבען, נישט אלעס וואס מען שרייבט דארף מען דרוקען און נישט אלעס וואס מען דרוקט דארף מען ליינען!
-R' Salanter

יש בן חורין שרוחו רוח של עבד, ויש עבד שרוחו מלאה חירות; הנאמן לעצמיותו בן חורין הוא, ומי שכל חייו הם רק במה שטוב ויפה בעיני אחרים הוא עבד
-R' Kook

#3 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

1. Our office puts tableclothes over their desks.

2. I would have cleaned that before Pesach.

3. I bring my own cups, silverware, and napkins. I don't want to use the stuff that sat out all year.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#4 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

2. I would have cleaned that before Pesach.

How would you clean that?? You can't pour boiling water on your mouse/keyboard.. (i mean, you *can*, but...)
כלל זה יהא נקוט בידך: מי שאינו רואה את המקום [=ה'] בכל מקום, אינו רואה בשום מקום
-Kotzker

נישט אלעס וואס מען טראכט דארף מען זאגען, נישט אלעס וואס מען זאגט דארף מען שרייבען, נישט אלעס וואס מען שרייבט דארף מען דרוקען און נישט אלעס וואס מען דרוקט דארף מען ליינען!
-R' Salanter

יש בן חורין שרוחו רוח של עבד, ויש עבד שרוחו מלאה חירות; הנאמן לעצמיותו בן חורין הוא, ומי שכל חייו הם רק במה שטוב ויפה בעיני אחרים הוא עבד
-R' Kook

#5 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

If dh wants to take 2 days off of work and clean our house, so be it. The stuff I am responsible for, isn't getting cleaned like that. Such as my mouse and keybaord. yes, I'm going to shake it out. But I'm not pouring bleach on it. kyim ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#6 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

My keyboard and mouse are probably the hardest things I have to clean every year. Sometimes I just give up and replace them...
[/flirting]

#7 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

If dh wants to take 2 days off of work and clean our house, so be it. The stuff I am responsible for, isn't getting cleaned like that. Such as my mouse and keybaord. yes, I'm going to shake it out. But I'm not pouring bleach on it. kyim ?

?
-Kotzker

-R' Salanter

-R' Kook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pesach, chametz, work, workplace, passover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users