• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 asoul

asoul

Masmid

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

From time to time I fly in sleeps. I do it easily and in/by different ways. Is it normal condition of mind? Or it says about some abnormality? ( :crazy: ) And what parts of brain are active during such flights? :unknw:

#2 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Its common.

According to the Gemara, dreams don't mean anything. They're just what you're thinking throughout the day.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#3 moe says

moe says

very tans

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Once, in a mid-day nap, I sort of floated and hovered over my own body. That was neat. Never happened again, though.
יושב בשמים ישחק השׁם ילעג למו

#4 moe says

moe says

very tans

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

there is a spiritual discipline which revolves around trying to gain presence of mind during dreams. forget what it's called but it's out there. The film, Waking Life, explores some of the ideas, and I think Carlos Castaneda wrote about that type of thing. And of course many Jewish mystics talk about "alias neshama," and the "mesivta shel ma'alah."

#5 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I sleep on flights.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#6 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I can always fly in my dreams. It is rather odd. In some dreams I don't know I can fly and "discover" it in different ways or I vaguely know its a dream etc. It's very strange. Yet I have also have dreamed of things BEFORE they happen. I have also done tests and discovered information in dreams that I didn't know previously. Of course when I was younger I had seen the future while awake as well.

I would have to go deeply into expalining the occult concept of the interconnection of all things and pantheism, but essentially if you are able to quiet all your other senses this is when you are most likely to gain psychic input. During sleep most of your brain is no longer "thinking", what you get is a combination of your thoughts and actually external information.

Like let's imagine there is a siren outside. You hear it and suddenly you dream of a siren. This is how a dream incorporates real sensations from outside. Yet it also does this with psychic information.

I am fascinated with dreams. I visit the same places over and over (places I have never been to). I see things in my dreams I have never seen in real life and I seem to have super natural powers (and others don't).

It really seems illogical why I would fly in dreams and not in real life.

The entire brain lights up like a Christmas tree during REM sleep which is when most dreaming occurs. Likewise some mental functions (such as memory) seem to occur in the entire brain rather than be regional specific.

One interesting thing though is that I once tried to fly as high as I could in a dream. Would I go out into outer space? Instead I became "stuck" at a certain altitude. It's about the same level planes fly because they flew by me a few times (almost can't see them it's like a flash zooming past because they go so fast).

after that it seems dangerous to go too high or else impossible to come back down.

I have also had dreams of falling from the sky. Makes me wonder about all the stories of angels etc.

From what I understand there are common themes in dreams which most people have. It also gives food for thought to Carl Jung's collective archetype theories.

#7 asoul

asoul

Masmid

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

According to the Gemara, dreams don't mean anything. They're just what you're thinking throughout the day.

I never think about my big wings throughout the day. And I am not an ornitologist. :unknw:

Once, in a mid-day nap, I sort of floated and hovered over my own body. That was neat. Never happened again, though.

I did that few times. But I never saw my body in those cases. I only felt that I go out from it.

there is a spiritual discipline which revolves around trying to gain presence of mind during dreams.

Sometimes I have thought that someone wants my mind and feelings worked during my dreams.

#8 asoul

asoul

Masmid

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Your post is very close to my feelings.

I have also done tests and discovered information in dreams that I didn't know previously.

Much times.

Like let's imagine there is a siren outside. You hear it and suddenly you dream of a siren. This is how a dream incorporates real sensations from outside. Yet it also does this with psychic information.

Yes, yes, yes. I call this 'dreams from out'.

I am fascinated with dreams. I visit the same places over and over (places I have never been to). I see things in my dreams I have never seen in real life and I seem to have super natural powers (and others don't).

Usually it is telekinesis.

One interesting thing though is that I once tried to fly as high as I could in a dream. Would I go out into outer space?

I was few times.

I have also had dreams of falling from the sky.

I stopped my falling myself.

From what I understand there are common themes in dreams which most people have.

I am agreed with you.

#9 moe says

moe says

very tans

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

wow. you guys are all so deep. how do you develop these magical powers. I always wanted to be a great sorcerer, but I think maybe I just don't have it in me. :unsure:

#10 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

I've also tried sleeping on flies but the buzzing keeps me awake.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#11 asoul

asoul

Masmid

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

wow. you guys are all so deep. how do you develop these magical powers. I always wanted to be a great sorcerer, but I think maybe I just don't have it in me. :unsure:

I did nothing for it myself. But few times in my dreams I was trained for telekinesis. I don't know whether it works in reality. I didn't try to repeat it after awakening. Although one time in reality I felt that eyes can radiate some power. It was connected with feeling of sudden recognition. And my eyes were focused at this moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users