• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mall

mall

Hocker

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

I have a brown shietal that i got from milano. I'm not sure why i bought it, I thought it was cheap but i got ripped off. They make their sales so much more enticing then they are.

Anyway, if i wear this sheital every day 9-5 should i be washing it every week?
Does anyone know if its bad to over wash sheitals?
Also how many times should i be doing a moisture treatment?
Will Dying my sheital 1 shade darker will this damage hair even more?
Please Answer

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Custom hair should only be wASHed about every 4 months. By a professional. If you want to dye it, take it to a professional.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Red hare, I sold wigs for years a wig that isn't washed for four months is stinky and nasty feeling, The wigs I sold were hand tied virgin European hair, custom made with an average cost of $3500. We tell/told people once a month.

Milanos are made with processed hair, they are not top quality. if you wear it every day washing it once a month is more then enough.

I don't know what a moisture treatment is, and I have worked with shaitels all my life. I assume you mean conditioning, that should get done when you wash it. Only use conditioner from the neck down, the top of the wig is most likely hand tied and conditioner on top will loosen the knots and cause the hair to fall out.

Dyeing, should not damage the hair, but if you dye it now, you will need to do it again after the summer. If you wait till After sukkot (late October) The sun is less strong and the dye will last longer.
"Common things happen commonly, uncommon things don't. So when you hear hoofbeats, think horses , not zebras."

"Be open minded, But, not so open minded that your brains fall out!"

" I mean how do you greet moshiach if half a baby is hanging out of your hoo ha??" Bird

#4 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

You wash sheitals on the head and blow them dry once a month? That is VERY often. Even when I wore a plain human hair, I only went once in 6 weeks. The longer you wait, the longer the sheital will last. Washing and certainly blowing dry is hard on them.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

#5 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

wrong. The longer the sweat builds up on the cap, the more it breaks down the foundation and creates holes. Especially in high quality pieces that are made from natural fibers as opposed to Nylon synthetics.
"Common things happen commonly, uncommon things don't. So when you hear hoofbeats, think horses , not zebras."

" I mean how do you greet moshiach if half a baby is hanging out of your hoo ha??" Bird

#6 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

You're gonna sacrifice the hair for the cap? No way.

#7 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

why not? Either one gets ruined the sheitle in unwearable and I have found generally the cap starts to go long before the hair is garbage.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#8 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

good Hair doesn't get ruined from being washed. For that matter neither does bad hair. Oil and dirt do more damage then shampoo and conditioner.....

#9 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hello I need a Phone number of someone in brooklyn who picks up and delivers your sheital set.
anyone have numbers!!!

#10 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Hello I need a Phone number of someone in brooklyn who picks up and delivers your sheital set.
anyone have numbers!!!

Please post one to share with the rest of us when you find one!

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#11 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

check the torah times

#12 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

911 tell them it is a sheitel emergency!
[/flirting]

#13 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Seriously sometimes it is. Btw fortune wigs has a 1hr service!
If anyone wants to bother about the torah times much

#14 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Please post one to share with the rest of us when you find one!

you can get brooklyn shaitel service in israel?
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#15 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

you can get brooklyn shaitel service in israel?

Hey, you could even get Chalov Yisrael Ben and Jerry's here.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users