Photo

Atkins For the new you (Only for lovers)

atkins diet weight loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mall

mall

Hocker

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I just started Atkins for the new you.
Has anyone on here tried it and had some great results?
(please dont post about atkin anoying posts about how unhealthy)

Anyway, I've been on a low calorie and low fat diet for like 5 years. I havent been good on it for the past 1year becouse i kept on cheating and couldnt find that self controll i once had.

Now after 1 year of gaining weight I wanted to start a new diet with a completely different direction to what i was used to.
I have been on it only for a couple days but everytime I think about the calories it makes me crazy!
I cant stop feeling guilty about all the calories I was eating. And horrible things like butter!

I know that this diet does shed pounds fast and thats what I need but, if i am to stay on the diet and excercise for 30-120min a day. Will I still be at risk of cholesterol and fat deposits in organs and crazy things like that.

I'm just airing my concerns. Feel Free to comment if you know anything about nutrition.

ALSO I'm majorly on the atkins for new you diet becouse though was a good diet DH could join in on. Considering He loves meat and all.
I didnt see much effort on his behalf, after telling me all he ate was 1 bannana coffee and a drink of sugar soda all day. I mean not even one of those things are allowed!

Has anyone's husband been on this diet and succeded? Any pointers on how to make my husband enthusiastic and optimistic about the whole idea.
He has to lose min 20pounds max 40.

#2 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

I had great success on Atkins when I actually stayed on it. If you are doing most of the cooking, and he doesn't eat out it will work fairly well. My BIL lost a ton of weight (on South Beach) because my sister controlled all the food.

But as a single guy who is lazy and busy it isn't so easy, especially on Shabbos where you are a guest and subject to the menu of your hosts...
[/flirting]

#3 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I don't like when spouses become The Food Police. Are you exercising ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users