No site activity

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

I have been a member of this board for more then 5 years! (under another name)
I just cannot believe how quiet it is in here? Where did all the people go?

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yawn.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'M BORING OR ARE U SAYING LIKE ITS BORING?
In the good old days ppl used to reply!

#4 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

First of all, don't scream. That doesn't endear you to anyone.

Secondly, you need to phrase your question like a question. Don't make a statement and put a question mark at the end, OK ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#5 Guest_halevy_*

Guest_halevy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

-

#6 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

As previously stated. Sometimes caps lock is left on without noticing especially if I'm typing in between doing mounds of paper work. Anyway, it's so stupid on site such as these ones when people are constantly nagging and critsizing constantly.
Gets so tiresome and really scares new members.

#7 Silent J

Silent J

Administrator

• Admin
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I have been a member of this board for more then 5 years! (under another name)
I just cannot believe how quiet it is in here? Where did all the people go?

The majority of the membership made several attempts to improve this site and have left after ongoing disagreements with myself (without resolution). The best I can offer to grow this site at this time is to continue posting, sharing with your friends (and Facebook feed), and hopefully more will follow.
Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

LIKE our page on Facebook: Hashkafah.com

#8 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

As previously stated. Sometimes caps lock is left on without noticing especially if I'm typing in between doing mounds of paper work. Anyway, it's so stupid on site such as these ones when people are constantly nagging and critsizing constantly.
Gets so tiresome and really scares new members.

Helpful hint: look at the screen before you click "Post".
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#9 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

The majority of the membership leave after getting married and not having time to post. Furthermore a core of posters that did have much time to post made several attempts to improve this site to suit their purposes and have left after ongoing disagreements with myself (without resolution). Younger members simply will not join messageboards as the medium of choice these days is facebook. The best I can offer to grow this site at this time is to continue posting, sharing with your friends (and Facebook feed), and hopefully more will follow. But more likely, this like all messageboards will become as irrelevant as the BBS's of the 1980's, or the online services of the 1990's...

FTFY.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#10 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

It seems to be a universal trend. Chat rooms aren't as popular as they used to be. Forums aren't as popular etc. What activity that does exist has been usurped by facebook.

#11 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

I must say though that I find all the new members to be very friendly and enjoy the posts. Furthermore posting activity has been picking up.

Pinchas is right - micha

#12 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

whats your old account name, if i may ask?
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#13 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

FTFY.

It's a small consolation compared to a formerly thriving board, but having a yes man to help pretend things are wonderful takes away some of the sting.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#14 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

It's a small consolation compared to a formerly thriving board, but having a yes man to help pretend things are wonderful takes away some of the sting.

Well, thanks for posting Sweet! :)

Pinchas is right - micha

#15 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

whats your old account name, if i may ask?

haha GUESS?
Probably wont remember me, I always poped in and out

#16 mat`

mat`

Gabbai

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

haha GUESS?

this deserves a thread of its own
BUT I do sometimes wonder whatever happened to the younger members who used to post here, and how time on H.com effected them in RL
Imagination is reality

#17 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I was a young member started when i was like 15...this is going back 7 years ago!!

#18 jamal

jamal

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

I was a young member started when i was like 15...this is going back 7 years ago!!

I also joined 7 years ago.

#19 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

haha GUESS?

I remember you. IIRC, you announced your engagement on the board. If you're that person, I knew your husband.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#20 QuestionMarkGuy

QuestionMarkGuy

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

They come, they go, and sometimes stay awhile,
...and life goes on like an ever-turning dial...
This is a test, this is only a test, if this was your real life, it would come with instructions. (And better packaging)

They say that laughter is the best medicine.....it's just to bad that life is terminal...-QMG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)