Photo

My DH is comming hooomme! What Should I do?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm so excited my hubby is coming home he's been away for a few days. He's Always on business but this time for some reason I missed him more then usual!
SO What do you think is sweet/cute idea that will show him I missed him.
Should I play it cool or like be overly excessively like I missed him?
I usually just make him a yummy dinner and make sure the house is perfect but I'm so bored with that routine.
I wonna Shake it up a little..any suggestions?

#2 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

ANYONE?

#3 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Put a pole in the dining room for a little pole dancing action ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#4 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

haha..Why is it us who always replies!
I'm thinking something a lil less risque (how do u spell that?)
Give me another suggestion...he'd probably laugh at me trying so hard to do it!

#5 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

order take out and then watch a movie.
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#6 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

AH...THAT HAPPENS LIKE ONCE A WEEK!

#7 mroof

mroof

Gabbai

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Try making a nice dinner for him when he comes home and set it up with some romantic candle lighting.
Also, keep in mind that you should give him a little space for a cool down period so he can take off his shoes and relax.
I would personally recommend a massage after dinner, but that's just me...
Offer to run to grab a few things and unpack his bags for him (maybe do any laundry he has with him).
Also, just let him know that you missed him: Don't be overtly dramatic about it, but say that you are happy he is back and you appreciate the time you guys spend together.
Let him know that you also appreciate his hard efforts and works. Basically, let him know that you appreciate the fact that he is going out of his way to make sure you are being cared and provided for.
That usually goes a long way.
.colorful .dreams
Posted Image
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances...if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

#8 MeWho

MeWho

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

Very good advice mroof. :) Dead-on about being careful not smother him when he gets home.

#9 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

a nice hug and kiss would be appreciated by both sides (THM permitting), but most importantly, be yourself. If you know he enjoys a certain food, make that for dinner, or just spend some quiet time on the couch enjoying each others company.

sky's the limit :)
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#10 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Try making a nice dinner for him when he comes home and set it up with some romantic candle lighting.
Also, keep in mind that you should give him a little space for a cool down period so he can take off his shoes and relax.
I would personally recommend a massage after dinner, but that's just me...
Offer to run to grab a few things and unpack his bags for him (maybe do any laundry he has with him).
Also, just let him know that you missed him: Don't be overtly dramatic about it, but say that you are happy he is back and you appreciate the time you guys spend together.
Let him know that you also appreciate his hard efforts and works. Basically, let him know that you appreciate the fact that he is going out of his way to make sure you are being cared and provided for.
That usually goes a long way.

Protip: Men don't care about candles. If you want to know what men like, read mens' magazines' descriptions of what women like. If you want to know what women like, read womens' magazines about what men like.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#11 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Men...its tru.. men dont like candles... what do men like when it comes to those type things?
They dont like candles, flowers...Like What would they like?

#12 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Men...its tru.. men dont like candles... what do men like when it comes to those type things?

A list of all the things that broke while he was gone, and errands that he can run now that he's back.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#13 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

the most important thing is for him to know how much you've missed him. candles are nice, because it helps encourage that special, romantic atmosphere. Spend some quality alone time. I think that food can be a powerful source of romance as well, if done right :).
Men tend to think physically, with both our stomachs and....well, you get the picture. Truth is, affection of any sort is always appreciated. But please dont "play it cool" - open communication is very important, especially affectionate communication :)
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#14 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

A list of all the things that broke while he was gone, and errands that he can run now that he's back.

haha my husband would probably get off on a list of things that broke..so he feels like he'd be helping/saving me...
I'm so not the mushy type..
"men tend to think physically, with both our stomachs and...." <---- I'm goood with that!

#15 IllNath

IllNath

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

First of all, very nice indeed to see that you are happy for him returning home. Nice.

Ehm... don't play it too cool. Excitement makes one feel validated and special. Look good! Coming home to a hottie feels great! If he's extremely tired then you should just relax. But if not go do something that makes him take if mind off of things for a while.
Uh, and the last one...I really really hate to bring it up.. (darn it) a little.....ehm..."physical escalation" might do the trick :)

- Ill

#16 mroof

mroof

Gabbai

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Protip: Men don't care about candles. If you want to know what men like, read mens' magazines' descriptions of what women like. If you want to know what women like, read womens' magazines about what men like.

Just because you don't like the candle idea, does not mean everyone is like that. There are plenty of guys who would love it, but that doesn't make it a fact among all people. It is an idea. Why would I need to read useless magazines to get ideas?
.colorful .dreams
Posted Image
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances...if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

#17 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

I dunno candles are like cute if you are taking a romantic bath.
But seriously, I also dont feel for candles..they are pretty but thats it.

#18 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just because you don't like the candle idea, does not mean everyone is like that. There are plenty of guys who would love it, but that doesn't make it a fact among all people. It is an idea. Why would I need to read useless magazines to get ideas?

I'm sure there are plenty of men who like candles. I'm just saying that as a general rule, women overestimate the appeal of candles among men. I suggested reading magazines, because the same trap is likely to appear in asking many of these questions - people of a particular gender assume that people of another gender appreciate similar things. My advice helps to overcome that by playing off of that same misconception.

#19 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Candles smell nice for a long time, even unlit.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#20 mroof

mroof

Gabbai

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of men who like candles. I'm just saying that as a general rule, women overestimate the appeal of candles among men. I suggested reading magazines, because the same trap is likely to appear in asking many of these questions - people of a particular gender assume that people of another gender appreciate similar things. My advice helps to overcome that by playing off of that same misconception.

The problem with most of these magazines is that they glorify a specific ideal that everyone should conform to. In the real World, experimentation is ok and so is trying various things to show appreciation and respect for your significant other. When people denote that a particular like or dislike is solely attributed to one gender: I tend to disagree. Most of the how-to/help sections in such magazines do nothing more than provide people with common sense, rather than insight.

Example: The candle idea. One can dislike it, but realize that their significant other really enjoys watching wrestling instead. You can still take the base concept and work with it (eg. having a foot rest with a taping of the best/most recent WWF show ready, having a bunch of game-food nearby and sitting down with the SO to watch the game with him). The idea still shows appreciation for the other individual and their interests.

Assuming that 'guys hate candles' and 'women overestimate the appeal of candles to men' glorifies a concept that men somehow dislike things that women like: Both statements are not necessarily true, just a reflection of different opinions.
.colorful .dreams
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users