• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Why are there so many self-hating Jews... including some that claim to be "Frum?"

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#2 mat`

mat`

Gabbai

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

please define "self-hating"
Imagination is reality

#3 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hating the Jewish People.

Pinchas is right - micha

#4 mat`

mat`

Gabbai

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

because there is no way to stop being Jewish even if they disagree with the Jewish practices /the Jewish People. I have a feeling though you're just venting :)
Imagination is reality

#5 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

When things are bad for Klal Yisroel, there is a reason for it. So even a frum Jew will blame our practices as the reason for failure (which actually makes sense).

When Klal Yisroel is doing awesome (kiddushei haShem, winning wars, discoveries in science, flourishing of Torah, etc), then everyone wants to join...
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#6 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I dont know if this is self hating jew but when I see chassidim or yeshivish people I really dont like them..Strangest part is that i'm frum :fool: . I just feel like the judging staring eyes it makes me want to do something crazy..just to show them how really bad i am!

#7 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

I dont know if this is self hating jew but when I see chassidim or yeshivish people I really dont like them..Strangest part is that i'm frum :fool: . I just feel like the judging staring eyes it makes me want to do something crazy..just to show them how really bad i am!

I'm not sure if that says something about you or if it says something about them.

#8 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

Well they do stare.

Pinchas is right - micha

#9 jamal

jamal

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

not just jews, humans are so ##### self hating, i hate it.

#10 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

people are the worst!

Pinchas is right - micha

#11 jamal

jamal

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

people are the worst!

yes. ###### em

#12 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

heres me thinking out loud - kol haposel b'mumo haposel: maybe try looking at the world with a positive/"good eye". if you feel that youre being stared/judged at, then try looking at these people and think to yourself "mi ki'amcha yisroel" - you can walk in any street in brooklyn, and see dozens, if not hundreds of jews who observe the torah in many different ways, but yet all united.
or just think positively about them, it will make you feel better about yourself (yes, i learned this the hard way :)). try replacing sinas chinam with ahavas chinam :)
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#13 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

heres me thinking out loud - kol haposel b'mumo haposel: maybe try looking at the world with a positive/"good eye". if you feel that youre being stared/judged at, then try looking at these people and think to yourself "mi ki'amcha yisroel" - you can walk in any street in brooklyn, and see dozens, if not hundreds of jews who observe the torah in many different ways, but yet all united.
or just think positively about them, it will make you feel better about yourself (yes, i learned this the hard way :)). try replacing sinas chinam with ahavas chinam :)

Usually when people feel that others are judging them it means they are judging themselves or they are judgmental and think others do the same.

#14 TagMahir

TagMahir

Hocker

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

To the origional question 2 things 1) people have free will. They choose to do these stupid/ evil things against their own people!
2) the Galut. After all of these years of people hating the Jews, some Jews began to accept and believe these accusations. They themselves being oppressed could not and cant understand the gentiles who hate Jews. Soo they join them thinking it will bring them some sort of salvation. Ooh how they were and are wrong.

#15 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Why are there so many self-hating Jews... including some that claim to be "Frum?"

Being Jewish means you are a minority, an outsider, face prejudice, discrimination, and hatred. It is not something all of us can take.

Some of us may feel that if we side with those who are hostile to Jews, then we will escape their hostility.

Others of us believe, like an abused child, that if only we behaved better they would not hate us, and so willingly side with the abuser.

Some of us desperately want to be liked and popular, and in today's world, that means coming out publicly and criticising the Jewish community and the only Jewish state in the world.

It's not much different from previous ages whether it was Jews who converted to Christianity then lead charges against Jews or the Talmud, or during Hellenistic times.

The one antidote is Torah - to know and understand Torah.

#16 TagMahir

TagMahir

Hocker

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

The one antidote is Torah - to know and understand Torah.

Yepp also history as well. Besides the destruction awaiting them in the next world these self-haters eventually get it in this world as well, as seen by many examples throughout the Torah and throughout history.

#17 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yepp also history as well. Besides the destruction awaiting them in the next world these self-haters eventually get it in this world as well, as seen by many examples throughout the Torah and throughout history.

Yes, knowing history and politics means we have greater context for the phenomena of self-hating Jews. But it is also written somewhere, in the Tanakh or Talmud, that our greatest enemies come from within.

#18 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

There's a halachic defintion for whose a jew. Apart from that everyone has their own definiton.

#19 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Another term for 'self-hating' Jews is 'self-denying' Jews - Jews who deny their own people the same rights and privileges that they support other people having.

While synagogues, Jewish schools, and other Jewish communal buildings and facilities are barricaded behind armed security guards, high fences, and many other security measures simply to protect ourselves from attack, these self-denying Jews have nothing to say on the fact that we are the only community that has to live like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users