Movies Israel films

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IllNath

IllNath

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi there everybody! Hope you are all enjoying your lives and getting the best out of it.
Well, my growing interest for Israel has now led me to this: THE MOVIES! (big sound effect)

haha, no, but I'm really the type of person who enjoys watching movies.

So, are there any movies from Israel you guys would recommend? I have only seen 3 movies from Israel so far, and they are:
-Ushpizin
-Beaufort
- and.."with eyes wide shut" I think it was called.

Just write a few recommendations if you have some :)

Thank you!

- IllNath.

#2 josephal

josephal

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

IIINath,

Israeli movies have a reputation for being dreadful. I would not recommend anything being made nowadays. If it’s available try “Hershele.” It actually fits in with your growing interest in Israel.

#3 IllNath

IllNath

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

IIINath,

Israeli movies have a reputation for being dreadful. I would not recommend anything being made nowadays. If it’s available try “Hershele.” It actually fits in with your growing interest in Israel.

Aww, okay..sad I think. But thanks for the reply though!

#4 Shoshi

Shoshi

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Yossi and Jagger.

I didn't like Ushpizin.

#5 RebPropagandist

RebPropagandist

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

If you can stand a powerful, morose, slow-moving knock-out, then watch My Father My Lord.
"Shake off all the fears and servile prejudices under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." --Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1787

"How could you have a slogan like "freedom is slavery" when the concept of freedom has been abolished? The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Orthodoxy means not thinkingnot needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."
- From 1984
שויתי יהוה לנגדי תמיד
Sentimentality is the emotional promiscuity of those who have no sentiment.---Norman Mailer

#6 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

From this year's Jerusalem Film Festival: God's Neighbors and Single Plus.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#7 Shoshi

Shoshi

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

In fact, Ushpizin was extra-annoying.
The main character was whining and praying about not having any money and "hoping/praying for a miracle."
It's like, get a J-O-B, buddy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movies, Israel, films

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users