16 replies to this topic

#1 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

http://failedotd.wordpress.com/

Wow this guy is generalizing, but I happen to agree with the points.

#2 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

http://failedotd.wordpress.com/

Wow this guy is generalizing, but I happen to agree with the points.

How did you find that blog? is it your own?

There is only one post and it's from today.
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#3 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

How did you find that blog? is it your own?

No. Friend sent me an email.

There is only one post and it's from today.

I realized that. Should I not have posted just in case someone will think its mine?

#4 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

Added to my RSS feed in case he posts again. I wonder why he needs to be anonymous. I can get why an undercover OTD person wants to conceal his or her identity, but this guy is on the path of righteousness, what's he got to hide?
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#5 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Well, that was fast. It's down now. And just when I was going to write a post on my blog answering his.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#6 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

And now it's back, with two additional posts, but all three are all password protected.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#7 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

whats the password...

#8 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Here:

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

This is Google's cache of http://failedotd.wordpress.com/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Aug 2, 2012 03:00:37 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

Text-only version

failedotd
This WordPress.com site is the cat’s pajamas
AUGUST 2, 2012
A glimpse at the great “success” stories of the OTD failures…

B”H

Let me get right to the point… I am neither a seasoned columnist/journalist, nor am I a writer or news anchor; I am simply a bystander watching the self destruction of the many haredi teens and young men. I intend not to be a leech and schnor from others to support my blog. I do not live in my mother’s basement… I am employed full time and earn a solid honest living. I pay my fair share of taxes too. I do intend to tear down the bitter OTD community who are at constant war with haredi society whom they hold responsible for THEIR failures.

Let it be said; I attended the same educational institutions they have, yet I succeeded in honing my personality to be someone unique. The only one to blame for one’s failures is the failure himself. Their constant kvetching and moaning about their difficult pasts and the pseudo abuse and torture they endured, shows great weakness in character; real men focus on the future. I won’t withold the fact of my hardships as a teenager and even later… Yet I managed to forge ahead and evolved into someone I am proud to be without resorting to trashing my entire community whom I truly believe is to be credited for who I am today and my successful career.

On the flip side, I see all too many OTD individuals who cut their noses to spite their ugly faces by running from it all and blaming everyone but themselves for turning into complete disasters. Of the many OTDs I met in my lifetime, I say confidently that most have below average IQ, are simpletons or outright stupid. Those who are somewhat intelligent have a warped way of processing information and lack simple deciphering skills needed to grok and process everyday events. They do everything to burn all bridges with their loved ones and past acquaintances and then complain about how bad everyone is to them…

Yes, I have an axe to grind with an old miserable grouch who setup a blog to besmirch in a blanket fashion the entire haredi society as a result of the late Lubavitcher Rebbe Z”L’s unwillingness to accept his beloved Falashmonkeys as jews (racist? me? absolutely!) He never misses a beat when it comes to uncovering “earth shattering” bits of news on haredi individuals. He relishes in smut and should be considered rather a tabloid writer than a legit upstanding journalist. The climax is always reached in stories pertaining to abuse of minors (something’s odd about this guy…) Oh, how he pats himself on his fat belly when he releases large quantities of venom in his reports of such. I acknowledge that it exists and truly detest the way things are handled unprofessionally. However, like most stable people I am not here to fix the entire universe’s problems and don’t attempt to be the world’s guardian. Agreed, we have our flaws and possibly need to address them, but please, fret on them all day? He laments the fact that we don’t generate enough revenue for the great country hosting us. I ask, what does HE contribute to society besides the lurid stench and loud noise resulting from natural gasses emanating from his do-nothing (unless cut, copy and paste is journalism) ya-know-what. While he should be the epitome of failure, he somehow turned out to be a hero and is celebrated by a circle of losers, his ilk; a bunch of angry deranged atheists or simple lehachisniks. You guessed right; I am referring to the infamous Scotty/Shmarya.

There are more losers like him who have yet to make it to the ‘big leagues’ and ‘hall of fame’…

Let’s take a closer look at what’s happening right under our noses… A typical dysfunctional heimishe teenager decides one morning that it is too difficult to function as a haredi jew due to the limitations on sex activity/partners haredi society conforms to, so he/she quietly leaves his/her parents’ home to an unknown future in the hopes of bettering his/her life. OMG! look at all the bliss the secular world has to offer; WOW! All the glamor of the ‘real world’ outside of Jewland… Pshhhhhh, the sky’s the limit!

One problem: C-O-N-S-C-I-E-N-C-E… Oh wait, no problem! I just go ahead and start finding fault in my parents, mechanchim and the entire community thus ridding me of any guilt that may have accumulated the past few days. Heck, let me publish a book… Let me tell the world my sob story; let me convince the whole world how bad things ‘really’ are in the community that raised and nurtured me until the most recent past. Some go on to brag about an education they are pursuing which will eventually lead them to great success… Oh yes, there is even a great support group waiting with outstreched arms to accept and cuddle them.

Fast forward several years: stewing over the past and unable to focus on any future, the poor imbecile is struggling to survive. He/she is too drugged up to be allowed in the family’s home and has never succeeded in keeping a job, so he/she has no means to provide for him/herself. And education? What’s that? A viscious cycle then sets into motion and goes on and on until the person ends up being incarcerated, in an insane asylum or OD; Heaven forbid.

The cries of our wonderful ‘friends’ that we lack individuality and adhere strictly to the word of our leaders and the dire NEED to encourage individualism is merely a smoke screen and a desperate attempt to introduce us to a wanton lifestyle. It is the first english word these bums are taught and then dream all night (and the following day) of ”yeah… individuality… hmmmm… I like the sound of that…” The shmendrik who nebach believes that overnight he became an ‘intellectual’ then calls everyone he/she knows and lectures them about individuality blah blah blah while his/her eyes are smarting from the smoke caused by the cigar the poor loser just learned to smoke to look intelligent…

People, wake up! Let’s strengthen ourselves in Emuna Peshuta - simple faith, for that is all that increases our chances of enduring the tidal wave of kefira that has been put into motion to destroy our core value. The howling winds are just that, howling winds that will soon pass – Amen; Ken Yehi Ratzon.

כלל זה יהא נקוט בידך: מי שאינו רואה את המקום [=ה'] בכל מקום, אינו רואה בשום מקום
איפה נמצא אלוקים? בכל מקום שנותנים לו להיכנס
-Kotzker

נישט אלעס וואס מען טראכט דארף מען זאגען, נישט אלעס וואס מען זאגט דארף מען שרייבען, נישט אלעס וואס מען שרייבט דארף מען דרוקען און נישט אלעס וואס מען דרוקט דארף מען ליינען!
-R' Salanter

יש בן חורין שרוחו רוח של עבד, ויש עבד שרוחו מלאה חירות; הנאמן לעצמיותו בן חורין הוא, ומי שכל חייו הם רק במה שטוב ויפה בעיני אחרים הוא עבד
-R' Kook

#9 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

And yet another protected post. Wonder if it's intentional, or he's wondering why no one comments.

#10 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I guess he DOES have an axe to grind.... :rolleyes:
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#11 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

I dont know many OTD chareidi but I wonder if he's generalizing. Seems kind of one dimensional. Also, the overt racism turns me off. In my book it shows a lack of intelligence and conscience.

#12 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

And yet another protected post. Wonder if it's intentional, or he's wondering why no one comments.

One more. Maybe he likes keeping a diary but doesn't want anyone reading it.

#13 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Or will set it all live at the same time...

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#14 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

And once more, there's a new post, but everything is protected and I can't even find an email address to ask for access.

#15 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

And once more, there's a new post, but everything is protected and I can't even find an email address to ask for access.

Why don't you leave a comment on the about page asking him (or her) ... he (or her) should get that:
http://failedotd.wordpress.com/about/

Pinchas is right - micha

#16 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Why don't you leave a comment on the about page asking him (or her) ... he (or her) should get that:
http://failedotd.wordpress.com/about/

hard to tell if it worked, it says "posting comment" but never tells me it finished ...

#17 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

hard to tell if it worked, it says "posting comment" but never tells me it finished ...

Weird...

Pinchas is right - micha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users