Use of the word 'Jew'

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 ayala:))

ayala:))

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Interestingly, in the UK where I currently work, the use of the word Jew is used in a derogatory way especially when applied to an actual Jew and to a non Jew.

I have come across certain phrases which I have in the past found to be offensive, though not extremely. It depends where you come from.

#42 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yes perhaps it is completely contextual. Some groups of people look at Jews as a holy race exalted above others whereas some may dislike Jews.

#43 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Another way I've heard it described is that Xians accept Torah while denying the oneness of G-d, while Muslims accept the oneness of G-d while denying the Torah. Thus, Jews insist on retaining the oneness of G-d causing Xians to hate us; and on retaining the (complete) Torah causing Muslims to hate us. Thus both are thoroughly unacceptable to Judaism.

An interesting take on the issue, but as I'm sure you realise, it's a lot more complicated, the converging and diverging beliefs of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and the reasons for hostility by the latter two for Jews and Judaism.

What's your take then on the reason for Islam's hostility towards Christianity? and vice versa?

I would suggest that as both Christianity and Islam are exclusivist and conversionary religions, believing that their particular religion is the ONLY way, they therefore see all other religions as not acceptable.

#44 ijs

ijs

Hocker

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

An interesting take on the issue, but as I'm sure you realise, it's a lot more complicated.

Yes, of course. But at the core of all the complexity is some basic simplicity, including the fundamental truths you mention below about the exclusivist and conversionist aspects of both religions.

What's your take then on the reason for Islam's hostility towards Christianity? and vice versa?

The same reasons I mentioned earlier, applied across to each other in the same manner as toward Jews. And the stuff you mentioned, as well.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chaim Yosef ben Yaakov Avraham

חיים יוסף בך יעקב אברהם

#45 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

... But at the core of all the complexity is some basic simplicity, including the fundamental truths you mention below about the exclusivist and conversionist aspects of both religions.

Perhaps the basis of religious hostility is grounded in a religion being exclusivist and conversionist, but then they build upon that with added ideology to justify why the other religions are no good, wrong, of the devil, etc.

#46 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes, most forms of Christianity are intolerant. All other religions are the enemy. This goes further in that most churches claim that all other churches are wrong and they are the only right way. there are some exceptions to this, certain denominations on the fringes that are more reasonable, but generally yes Christianity leads to intolerance. Somewhat contradictory though many denominations of Christianity exalt Jews as holy people, special, they must support Israel etc. One thing that really turned me off about Christianity is the constant preaching that Jews are a supreme race. Then other churches are anti-semitic and preach against Jews. Christianity seems so concerned with what Jews are doing, rather than having any identity of their own. As a Christian, you learn Jewish history etc. it just seems to me you might as well be a Jew instead of a Christian. It doesn't make sense. Then I meet ethnic Jews who are Christian and tell me that Judaism is through birth not belief. So I guess they consider themselves Jewish and Christian. Nevermind the fact that Christianity makes no sense.

Personally, I like to read and I find a lot of really great books on Judaism. I also find great literature online. Yet if I walk into a synagogue I get little information. Seems people just try to figure out if I'm "Jewish" or not. Practicing Jews seem obsessed about race. They are more interested in your family tree than what you believe. I talk to people they answer me but seem disinterested. Basically Judaism seems very literature based. That's where the real life of it is- reading.

By contrast Islam and Christianity are very oral religions. I get almost nothing from the literature. The practice doesn't correspond well with the Bible (nor do the beliefs). yet I know with Christianity they often give excellent oral sermons. These are available on video as well. So my suggestion for someone interested in Judaism, go online and read about it and there are many good books at the book store. It's not hard to find. Most of the literature I found relates to liberal and reform Judaism.

Judaism itself is very centrist. It believes in helping other Jews, often depicting non-Jews as inferior. It teaches to be very competitive. So then Jews come off as having little concern for the people around them (yet willing to use them to get ahead), being arougant etc. which is a source of anti-semitism. Mormons for example, everyone hates them. But no one attacks them or feels threatened by them (well very few). That's because Mormons knock on doors, do favors for random strangers etc. Jews sort of lock themselves up in their own little area and this culture creates a general culture of divisiveness, distrust etc.

#47 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yes, most forms of Christianity are intolerant. All other religions are the enemy. This goes further in that most churches claim that all other churches are wrong and they are the only right way. there are some exceptions to this, certain denominations on the fringes that are more reasonable, but generally yes Christianity leads to intolerance. Somewhat contradictory though many denominations of Christianity exalt Jews as holy people, special, they must support Israel etc. One thing that really turned me off about Christianity is the constant preaching that Jews are a supreme race. Then other churches are anti-semitic and preach against Jews. Christianity seems so concerned with what Jews are doing, rather than having any identity of their own. As a Christian, you learn Jewish history etc. it just seems to me you might as well be a Jew instead of a Christian. It doesn't make sense. Then I meet ethnic Jews who are Christian and tell me that Judaism is through birth not belief. So I guess they consider themselves Jewish and Christian. Nevermind the fact that Christianity makes no sense.

Personally, I like to read and I find a lot of really great books on Judaism. I also find great literature online. Yet if I walk into a synagogue I get little information. Seems people just try to figure out if I'm "Jewish" or not. Practicing Jews seem obsessed about race. They are more interested in your family tree than what you believe. I talk to people they answer me but seem disinterested. Basically Judaism seems very literature based. That's where the real life of it is- reading.

By contrast Islam and Christianity are very oral religions. I get almost nothing from the literature. The practice doesn't correspond well with the Bible (nor do the beliefs). yet I know with Christianity they often give excellent oral sermons. These are available on video as well. So my suggestion for someone interested in Judaism, go online and read about it and there are many good books at the book store. It's not hard to find. Most of the literature I found relates to liberal and reform Judaism.

Judaism itself is very centrist. It believes in helping other Jews, often depicting non-Jews as inferior. It teaches to be very competitive. So then Jews come off as having little concern for the people around them (yet willing to use them to get ahead), being arougant etc. which is a source of anti-semitism. Mormons for example, everyone hates them. But no one attacks them or feels threatened by them (well very few). That's because Mormons knock on doors, do favors for random strangers etc. Jews sort of lock themselves up in their own little area and this culture creates a general culture of divisiveness, distrust etc.

All I see in your words are boxes.

#48 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Zipcode guy, try going into a Catholic church and ask if you can taste some of the wine and crackers (unless you're already Catholic). Let us know how it goes.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#49 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

A lot of protestant churches let you taste the wine and crackers. I think the most serious complaint against Judaism is that a group of Jews go into a country, let's use Russia as an example. Once there they say "We live in Russia, but we are not Russian. We are Jewish". Ok fine this is not different from the Amish who are a people apart. But then they go further, "we must radically change Russian culture to suit our idea of what is right. We need to educate these people that the ways of their ancestors is foolish." Usually this also involves supporting massive immigration, disolving Russian cultural life in any public sphere and replace it with multiculturalism. So then, "we will be hated and despised for this so now we must set up groups to fight anti-semitism". The thing is they are like a man with a cigarette in his mouth and comes up to you and smacks you in the face for smoking. First you say it is wrong to smack someone in the face but also it is hypocritical. The Jews who promote this change among goy culture teach the exact opposite values to their fellow Jews. They certainly don't make their synagogues and shtetls multicultural. They teach weak, self defeating, submissive values to the main population, while teaching their own children to be lions (sort of like a liberalism for everyone else and conservative values at home). (Jewish influence being the main cause of the rise of Christianity- sheep, be a slave etc. religion. Later we see it again in "Marxism" or modern "liberalism" do what you are told, be submissive etc. same values. Some modern churches took it upon themselves to reject this, individuals can reject it but there is a cultural influence to ask non-Jews to be servants and for Jews to be a "nation of priests and kings".

Then this goes further. There is not really a concern for non-Jews. So while the natives end up suffering due to Jewish influence, they also must be told how to live. Jews help other Jews and if this costs the native in blood, sweat, tears, gold, who cares. That is life. Jews unlike other reclusive religions try to position themselves at the top of society, change culture, influence media etc. It's like a group of stow a aways that come upon a large ship in the ocean. They get on board. They work together to quickly rise to the top of the leadership structure. Then they order everybody to stop repairing the holes in the boat and just focus on catching fish.

"But sir we'll all drown"

"Don't worry about it. Trust us"

So once they have enough fish, they throw it on their own smal boats, let the main boat sink into the ocean with everyone in it, then set about finding another boat to stow away on. Now as far as I know there is nothing in Judaism commanding people to act this way. It is simply how the Jewish community usually functions. This has been made even more true with Jewish organization and Zionism of the past 100 years. But the end result is also more wars, more pain and suffering for Jews. There is so much good in Judaism, so much that is successful and logical, but I really don't find this aspect of it to be logical. And it is the main thing that feeds anti-semitism, which causes a need for massive money and resources to fight anit-semitism and so on. It would seem easier to just not do this in the first place and simply show a concern for one's fellow human being, respect other cultures and so on. While we see Judaism as often challenging people to tolerate and respect other cultures, Judaism itself doesn't practice this. This is rooted in the religion. In the religion there is a clear distinction between Jews and non-Jews and the rules of the world apparently apply differently to the two groups.

How do you think Jewish social organizers would respond if a Russian said "please respect my culture, my nation, my people". The Jew would be fighting for feminism, Marxism or some other value that he curiously does not fight for too much among the Jewish community. He would just say "I am Russian. I am one of you, comrade". He just lies. There is not even enough concern for the Russian to be honest with him.

You do not go somewhere and be hated every single place you go for "no reason".

I'm not saying every single Jew has this attitude or even every single Jewish group or denomination. Yet this is a common attitude that is basically a cause for a lot of conflict. Rather than interpret this to mean I hate Jews, instead actually I just wish more Jews would see this attitude as self defeating. Cooperating with people, being an assett wherever you go etc. leads to success. Perpetually causing conflict, burning and consuming what is around you, being socio-pathic and non-empathetic to other human beings etc. leads to failure.

#50 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

There is a person in my life that continually seeks to provoke me to judgement. After cracking enough times, I began to realize that the person gets their jolly's that way, because the moment I crack they are happy. They feel justified in a sick and twisted way. Then I realized that it is the devils game. The serpent got his way in the Garden of Eden, introducing sin and making himself look righteous. Forcing God to make a judgement. You see the same thing played out in Job, but the Satan lost, to a man. A man who could not see his adversary nor knew what happened behind the scenes. A man who retained his faith in God. A man who knows sufficiency. God's face always did shine on Job.

I already know that I cannot win in this world full of knowledge of good and evil. After sin...it is not good to allow the man and woman to eat from the tree of life. Which points me to the heart of God first. In Job, the satan set out to provoke Job to sin, in every way he could. That was the only source of pleasure the satan could seek. I have no pity for such a being. Nothing to offer in peace. It is their doing, not mine. I can only fully accept their judgement, in order to bring an end. Way better than to end up worshipping an accuser. Better to endure the suffering. Giving in is easy. The big mistake is that people think judgement ends with them...the serpent said as much. They speak with no fear of God. It is all written in Job. God has perfect love for Job. With full confidence in Job, God allowed his testing. Job overcame a heavenly accuser, removing him from his place. The satans judgements were left without any meaning what so ever.

Job made offerings for sin. The satan said Job was weak. The satan did not want to acknowledge God, so the acknowledgement became Job's. Job had beautiful daughters with full acknowledgement.

#51 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Ray, the Catholics have the better tasting cookies, as generations of Jewish host desecrators can confirm. Also, those are the only ones that bleed when stabbed.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#52 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Ray, the Catholics have the better tasting cookies, as generations of Jewish host desecrators can confirm. Also, those are the only ones that bleed when stabbed.

The Catholic priests masturbate on the food and drink they serve. They say their bread and wine transforms when they say their consecrations. Hence the masturbation, and their claim of power over those who believe the lie.

I have already said all this to a "catholic priest". On his turf. His image was too important to himself to listen. I even asked him if one of those pedophile priests consecrates their food, does it still transform....Their own image is paramount to carrying out the lie. The people don't matter.

#53 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

The Catholic priests masturbate on the food and drink they serve. They say their bread and wine transforms when they say their consecrations. Hence the masturbation, and their claim of power over those who believe the lie.

???

#54 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

???

They create their own, as they call it "holy sacrement". The serpent did the same. Not much difference.

#55 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Could you define the word "masturbate"? Or say what you disagree with about this definition? I think we may have a language issue here.

#56 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Could you define the word "masturbate"? Or say what you disagree with about this definition? I think we may have a language issue here.

I'm using the word in a spirit sense. Not much difference than an nfl player doing his dance in the end zone. That is what I see, people stroking themselves. The preachers, politicians, they all do it. The exaltation of their own image.

#57 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm using the word in a spirit sense. Not much difference than an nfl player doing his dance in the end zone. That is what I see, people stroking themselves. The preachers, politicians, they all do it. The exaltation of their own image.

Which part of spirit corresponds to the genitals? And where does spiritual masturbation make hair grow?

#58 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Which part of spirit corresponds to the genitals? And where does spiritual masturbation make hair grow?

I guess there are those who need an enemy for strength reasons. That is what Goliath needed. God sent out a sheperd boy named David.

#59 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I guess there are those who need an enemy for strength reasons. That is what Goliath needed. God sent out a sheperd boy named David.

If you're trying to communicate with me, you aren't.

#60 spectra

spectra

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

If you're trying to communicate with me, you aren't.

You wanted genitals. David brought how many of the Philistine foreskins to Saul? Who was out there strutting around? It was a spiritual war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users