• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

So the holocaust is bad because of the intent rather than the outcome. Said intent is to eradicate a people. This seems similar to the Roman eradication of Northern European culture/religion. Racially they were radically changed as well. Example: the Roman invasion of Gaul. One third of the population was destroyed, the gauls as a people never existed again. Yet it's a minor historical foot note.

The Holocaust is evil, not just bad, because of the outcome. The intent, and the outcome, is what makes the Holocaust different to the deaths of other civilians during WW2.

Other peoples have been butchered in invasions, slavery, war, etc, but these acts were done as part of some strategic plan eg to gain or maintain power, territory, etc, or incidentally as collateral damage, or for some economic or utilitarian reason.

The Holocaust, on the other hand, had no strategic war interest, no military or even political gain, but was done purely for the sake of exterminating one particular ethnicity, ie the Jewish nation.

#102 sal

sal

Gabbai

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Love, marriage and all encompassing light. It is all there in the beginning.

The words you are using appear to be English, but your responses are incoherent.

#103 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Happened to Ukrainians as well:

http://www.dailymail...eat-Famine.html

#104 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Happened to Ukrainians as well:
http://www.dailymail...eat-Famine.html

Stalin murdered millions of Ukrainian kulaks, the wealthier class of peasants. That is not in dispute. But perhaps you missed this paragraph in the article you linked:

"It was a class war designed to 'break the back of the peasantry', a war of the cities against the countryside and, unlike the Holocaust, it was not designed to eradicate an ethnic people, but to shatter their independent spirit."

In my earlier post, I made the point that war deaths, killings, murders etc perpetrated in order to gain a military, political, economic or other related objective are intrinsically different to the mass murder and genocide of Jews during WW2.

Other peoples have been butchered in invasions, slavery, war, etc, but these acts were done as part of some strategic plan eg to gain or maintain power, territory, etc, or incidentally as collateral damage, or for some economic or utilitarian reason.

The Holocaust, on the other hand, had no strategic war interest, no military or even political gain, but was done purely for the sake of exterminating one particular ethnicity, ie the Jewish nation.

#105 TagMahir

TagMahir

Hocker

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

As long as it is an accurate representation then it does have a form.

If God has no form or heart, then what is the highest honor you can seek?

David who is known as a man after God's heart says, One thing I ask of the Lord, that is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple...........Hear my voice when I call, O Lord, be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord I will seek.

He explains the Oneness of G-D. If this video is not enough, let me know (also if you would to read) I can reference you some very good material.

<. <!-- . id="ytplayer" class="EmbeddedVideo" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://youtube.com/embed/vK23yvKD4vk?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /><. -->>

#106 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Quote: The Holocaust, on the other hand, had no strategic war interest, no military or even political gain, but was done purely for the sake of exterminating one particular ethnicity, ie the Jewish nation.

Hitler supported Zionism and deportation of Jews. Curiously in order to kill them all out he allowed them to live in camps for several years, shipped them across a continent etc. Doesn't sound to me like someone with a first priority to kill all members of a group. Also Stalin had the same goal he wanted to eradicate Ukrainians but said the nation was too large to do so. The US Congress 1988 Commission on the Ukraine Famine concluded:
"Joseph Stalin and those around him committed genocide against Ukrainians in 1932-1933".

"The aftermath of the present tragedy in Ukraine will be Russian colonization of this country, which will affect its ethnic makeup. In the future,
or even in the near future, no one will even speak about Ukraine or the Ukrainian people - and, hence, about the Ukrainian problem - because
Ukraine will de facto become a territory with a predominantly Russian population."
- Letter from the Italian consul in Kharkiv, Ukraine
Sergio Gradenigo to his Ambassador in Moscow (1933)

#107 TagMahir

TagMahir

Hocker

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

33948- Not that I am for those events, I don t know too much about them, but the facts also are that hitler Yimah Shemo did this to my people. These are my people and we care deeply about them. Of-course we and any sane people will curse, hate and when necessary fight against anyone who rises up against us. Also to add fuel to the fire G-D Himself promises revenge against those who fight against the Jews.

And i am no fane of Stalin. The guy was a maniac. He butchered many people and/or sent them to Siberia. My family suffered under him and I send all curses upon him as well. What does that have to do with the Holocaust? Are you trying to degrade the holocaust or something?

#108 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

33948- ...
And i am no fane of Stalin. The guy was a maniac. He butchered many people and/or sent them to Siberia. .... What does that have to do with the Holocaust? Are you trying to degrade the holocaust or something?

Yes, it seems that 33948 seeks to minimise and degrade the Holocaust, and in so doing to push other views hostile to Jews. His views on this are in this post below.

Also there is a matter of perception. World War 2- I don't have the exact numbers memorized but some 15 million Germans sent to their deaths, 30 million Russians etc. and it all is really insignificant historically and socially. Six million Jews die and its the worst tragedy of human history. It seems simply in how we treat the holocaust shows a social bias elevating Jewish life above others. One could look at world war 2 and draw the conclusion that Aryans are more hated than Jews and suffered more so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users