Photo

Dublin, Ireland and Rome! Kosher b&b or any info?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SUMMERSUP

SUMMERSUP

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi Guys,
Planing this trip for hubby does anyone know of Jewish/frum / kosher things in dublin or like really any information.
1) need hotel
2) need Shul for DH to daven on shabbos( nothing like reform)
3) Need Kosher food (can i bring it with me?)

I have all info from internet but i'm hoping there is someone who can just tell me first hand experience I don't want to go there be stranded and have a bad time.

Please Help.

side note:
Looking for the same information for Rome. I think Information on Rome is easier to find but would love first hand.

Please Help me ANYONE!!!!??

#2 grend123

grend123

Chair of Indefinite Studies, U.U.

• Members
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

There's a kosher bakery in Dublin and a shul but no kosher B&B. Def. bring it with you, although there's some kosher stuff in the stores (get the list of kosher stuff online; there are no hechserim) ranging from ready-to-eat pancakes to various breads.
Klal Yisrael is lucky that I wasn't a Rishon.

Do not feed your grend. It will only encourage it.

Al chet that a polish nobleman from the 18th century would not feel comfortable in my closet.

#3 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Rome has a Jewish Quarter with some kosher restaurants (look into the heshgacha though). It also has what I was told after I was there was the most beautiful shul in the world. We saw it from the outside but didn't go in and I'm regreting this. Details here: http://www.jewishita...etail.asp?ID=44

They are all near each other. The funny thing is we asked a horse and buggy driver direction (in English) and he called out to his buddy in Hebrew... many of the horse and buggy drivers in Rome are actually Israelis!!!

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users