• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#101 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

I picked KR to represent my side and I agreed that you (or was it Moshi) could represent the other side. I didn't respond to MT 12+ posts in a row until all parties were present. By the time everyone was in the same room, he was already posting in the forums. Everyone (especially me) was wth. But no one cared that no mediation was done. The end goal was reached by him actively posting.

It was me, not moshi, and you chose me and KR - the oter side was not involved in the preparations. And if you get KR here I am sure he will confirm that numerous posts and PMs were sent to try to get your attention, and have you respond in that forum, but we're met with silence on your part, until the other party just gave up and started posting.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#102 Silent J

Silent J

Administrator

• Admin
  • 489 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

It was me, not moshi, and you chose me and KR - the oter side was not involved in the preparations. And if you get KR here I am sure he will confirm that numerous posts and PMs were sent to try to get your attention, and have you respond in that forum, but we're met with silence on your part, until the other party just gave up and started posting.

Again, flat out wrong. I have that mediation thread where MT posted 7 times ( and numerous points per post) before I posted that we're still waiting for others to join in a 2 hour time frame. A non response in a hour 2 time frame on a message board doesn't mean that the other party forfeits their position. Especially when I'm the initiator and asking all parties to join before I make a response.

Either way, it doesn't make a difference. This is trolling unless the point you make will induce change.

As you can see, I run a pretty liberal board and administrative moves are only done when members abuse the site. The move to make posts uneditable only came after some members deleted their posts. You should expect that anywhere. The change to make this a REAL NAMES forum (still working that out) is in response to all the negativity, cynicism, LH, and more all done under the guise of anonymity. No one is trying to control a group of members. But I'm interested in continuing to build this site and do away with the breeding of anti-Torah trolls.
Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

LIKE our page on Facebook: Hashkafah.com

#103 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

anti-Torah trolls.

What a great ebay name. Or name for a band.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#104 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Okay. I guess that, as an anti-Torah troll, I'm no longer welcome here. Thanks for the memories, and I'm not deleting my posts (unless I happen upon one or two that have personal info which need editing), so please leave my membership intact so I can access all of them. Adi-s.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#105 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

H.com isn't really sell-able.

Why? I'm sure plenty of people would like the brand name and the database (especially if you have some back-up databases from a year or two ago).

What a great ebay name. Or name for a band.

I vote for a band name.

#106 Yudi

Yudi

Hocker

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yudi - You missed A LOT which transpired over the passed year...

Yes, I joined up Jan 2011, posted a bit on and off, then kinda dropped out, but have recently come back.

If there has been politics gone on over the past year on HK then yes, I missed it.

From the last few posts, it does appear there have been severe difficulties on HK over the last year.

I don't know the issues, but I hope with good will and intentions, HK can continue as a place of constructive discussion.

HK is important as Jews need a place where we can learn and discuss all topics of interest and relevance to Jews.

#107 Silent J

Silent J

Administrator

• Admin
  • 489 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Okay. I guess that, as an anti-Torah troll, I'm no longer welcome here. Thanks for the memories, and I'm not deleting my posts (unless I happen upon one or two that have personal info which need editing), so please leave my membership intact so I can access all of them. Adi-s.

from my post this is what you get?
Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

LIKE our page on Facebook: Hashkafah.com

#108 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Snag and grend, sirs, do you have any purpose for being here besides rehashing old fights? Do you enjoy inciting people online? If so that would qualify as trolling. If that's why you are here please do indeed leave because you are being very insensitive. If not, then please participate in the discussions and not just the fights.

There is nothing new you have said here that wasn't already said months and years ago. There was a conflict. And, yes, there was a resolution. One side decided to reside in Caanan while the other side chose to go to Sodom... In this way there would be no more quarreling. In fact this worked for many months until two trolls decided they aren't satisfied with the resolution and simply enjoy quarreling some more.

So tell us, what's going on? Are you not satisfied with your new "entirely watered, garden of the L-rd?" Do you feel that the grass isn't quite as green there as you had expected it be? Is that why you had to leave your new boundaries and seek out satisfaction elsewhere? Were you let down by a false messiah? Do you in your yearning belief that "older times were better than these" seek out our humble board and in some far-fetched wishful hope do you attempt to reconcile that which history as proven can not be reconciled? Certainly not by fueling flame wars!

So tell us all, why are you here?

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#109 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Referring to the other site as sodom is repugnant.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#110 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Lots of things in life are repugnant. Like deleting 40,000 posts.

Pinchas is right - micha

#111 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

from my post this is what you get?

From your post[i]s[/], as well as from Pinchas' hateful comments. The very fact that my post in this thread was seen as a "return", shows me that my presence is only marked as a negative, because my other contributions are ignored. And Pinchas has made quite clear that he considers me a Sodomite and a troll, so I guess the epithet of anti-Torah troll fits me well.

-Mark Twain

#112 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Now, that you admitted it, can you please stop trolling?

Pinchas is right - micha

#113 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Now, that you admitted it, can you please stop trolling?

Yes, I already said I'm done here. I just felt I owed Silent J a response to his post.

J - I hope you get what you want out of this site with the new changes.

Pinchas - I hope your personal relationships IRL never reach a point where this side of your personality comes out, because, quite frankly, it is repulsive.

-Mark Twain

#114 grend123

grend123

Chair of Indefinite Studies, U.U.

• Members
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yes, I already said I'm done here. I just felt I owed Silent J a response to his post.

J - I hope you get what you want out of this site with the new changes.

Pinchas - I hope your personal relationships IRL never reach a point where this side of your personality comes out, because, quite frankly, it is repulsive.

Amen completely, from someone who also never quite left because, after 8 years on the site, I still thought there might be something worth recovering. But when things are so topsy turvy that the person who is calling the other side Sodom is the one who is accusing others of trolling, it's not even possible to pretend anymore that there's anything here to come back to.

Pinchas, I don't know WTH happened to you in real life, but you went from being an interesting fellow poster to just plain nasty at some point. Introspect a bit, for your own sake.
Klal Yisrael is lucky that I wasn't a Rishon.

Do not feed your grend. It will only encourage it.

Al chet that a polish nobleman from the 18th century would not feel comfortable in my closet.

#115 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Talk about introspection, grend! Like you and snag have been the loveliest posters in this thread! Please look in a mirror.

Pinchas is right - micha

#116 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Pinchas,
Please allow me to jump in here for a bit of mussar. I would venture to say that while SJ is the cause of many people leaving (due to his policies and actions, not necessarily his behavior), and while others left just because of real life commitments, you on the other hand, due to your behavior has probably made many posters just give up and leave. That you can't see that your posts are vile and repugnant is a stain on you, not on the people with whom you disagree. SHAME on you. I worked hard helping this forum grow. I worked hard to make this a fun place to interact and share ideas and you helped destroy it. I will echo snag and grend's wishes that you aren't like this in real life, because if real life mirrors this, you are a nasty piece of work.

#117 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Adiel,
Just to let you know my opinion. I don't think a Real Name forum is a good idea. It might work in the real world, but not in the Jewish world. No matter how much we say online, many of us will not want our names associated with certain opinions because people are afraid of reactions from the established community. It's sad, but it's reality.

#118 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy!
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#119 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Adiel,
Just to let you know my opinion. I don't think a Real Name forum is a good idea. It might work in the real world, but not in the Jewish world. No matter how much we say online, many of us will not want our names associated with certain opinions because people are afraid of reactions from the established community. It's sad, but it's reality.

Sodom isn't a website, it's the real world.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#120 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

KR is NOT getting involved in this. In fact the only thing I have to say about the whole topic is

Posted Image
[/flirting]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users