• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley Bilmes

Ashley Bilmes

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

Shalom everyone!

I am in the process of making Aliyah and will be with my boyfriend who lives there. I am almost done with the application, meeting with the Rabbi on Thursday, and meeting with the Jewish Agency for my interview the second week of February. I am beyond excited but I am trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to ship my household items to Israel or to sell them all and start new. I was checking with FedEx to see how much it would be to just ship 10 boxes to Israel and it's almost $3000... I tried getting a quote from an overseas shipper to ship my furniture but so far I haven't heard back. Any positive advice would be appreciated. 

#2 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

I want to say that you can certainly get a better price on 10 boxes. $3000 is what one would pay to move a full truckload from one state to another here in the US. 

Shop around to get better prices. 

If the item's you are shipping are regular household items, it makes sense to sell and buy new. Why spend 3K on shipping alone? 3K can get you a LOT of housewarez in Israel. 

We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#3 Guest_Israel Reals_*

Guest_Israel Reals_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

WIN a LUXURIOUS ALL-EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO ISRAEL by answering our survey!

Click Here: http://israelreals.com/survey/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aliyah, canada, israel, shipping, moving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users